Pappy 15

ProofPositive
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A few months ago, I heard somewhere that Pappy 15 would soon be in short supply for about the next year or so. I did not know at the time if true - or just another morsel of pure speculation. We seem to experience that a lot these days in many facets of life. Anyhow, I have not heard it again or seen comment of same here on the Forum. However, most stores in my area ran out of the 15 anywhere from 1-2 months ago have no more at present. The ones where I have asked tell me it is "on order".....but, they have no idea when they will get it. At the same time, there in an abundant supply around here of 20 and, in fact, even a pretty good supply of 23 generally speaking. I know where 10-15 bottles are located right now. After personal visits and phone calls, I know of only 2 more bottles of the 15 available around here.

Has anyone else noticed similar low supply of Pappy 15 in their locale? If so, and if it is going to be about a year before any more is available, could it be that we have seen the last of the S-W bourbon in the Pappy 15 bottling? Or, could it be there is still a bit more S-W and it won't be ready until 2007? Maybe Julian is going to release it all at once, one more time....as next year will be the 15-year mark since S-W shut down(?).

Fact, opinion, speculation & rumor are welcome!

Thanks,

Wayne

We don't have any of the Pappy brands here in Ohio but on a recent trip to Kentucky, there was an abundance of Pappy 20 but no Pappy 15 at any stores I visited. I also saw a few bottles of Pappy 23 as well as some ORVW 10/90 and 10/107 at a few stores. Some online retailers still have some of the different ages listed!

Pappy 15 showed up in force in Middle Tennessee about a week ago -- I've seen it stacked deep this week in several stores previously with limited (or no) supply.

Proof

I havent seen any Pappy 15. I found some ORVW 15/107, in a store where up till 5 or 6 months ago I was able to get ORVW 10/90, ORVW 10/107. He keeps telling me that he has it on order. I havent seen the new Pappy 15 bottles anywhere period..

If you find em around town, will you let me know. I got some Pappy 20, and saw some 23 at Busters.($190)

Not much Pappy 15 around here. But we were in Chicago last weekend and they had plenty.

I went out shopping tonight to grab a bottle for a fellow member and I've decided that I'm not buying anymore bourbon from the Indiana retailers that I frequent! Tim's not even paying this much with his high TN tax! :hot:

Pappy 23 - $279-299

Pappy 20 - $109

Pappy 15 - $79

Lot B - $49.99

Hirsch gold foil - $89

Stagg/ER 17/WLW - $59

I understand the principles of supply and demand, but I think from now on I'll meet my supply by trading with those of you who support retailers who aren't filling their own pockets by inflated prices!

Dawn

Pappy 15 is all gone from Australia, and not likely to return (according to Julian)

(Limited stocks from the distilery aside....) Seeming as the distribution was from one store in Melbourne for the whole country, I can understand that it wouldn't be a big part of their business. Reading between the lines, I think Buffalo Trace (and Van Winkle) want to eventually enter the Australian market in force, not via a single retail outlet.....

Proof

I havent seen any Pappy 15. I found some ORVW 15/107, in a store where up till 5 or 6 months ago I was able to get ORVW 10/90, ORVW 10/107. He keeps telling me that he has it on order. I havent seen the new Pappy 15 bottles anywhere period..

If you find em around town, will you let me know. I got some Pappy 20, and saw some 23 at Busters.($190)

I have not seen any ORVW 10/90 anywhere in quite a while. Been regretting the last time I passed it up since the day I found no more. Up until recently, I had been able to find ORVW 10/107 and 15/107....but, no more. I have found a few Pappy 15s and plan to snag those last 2 shortly. I still have bought no Pappy 20. Since it seems in good supply, been concentrating on Pappy 15 as well as any other S-W I can find such as Old Weller Antique 107 (Louisville), I.W. Harper, Old Fitz plus ER101.

Good Hunting!!

Not much Pappy 15 around here. But we were in Chicago last weekend and they had plenty.

I went out shopping tonight to grab a bottle for a fellow member and I've decided that I'm not buying anymore bourbon from the Indiana retailers that I frequent! Tim's not even paying this much with his high TN tax! :hot:

Pappy 23 - $279-299

Pappy 20 - $109

Pappy 15 - $79

Lot B - $49.99

Hirsch gold foil - $89

Stagg/ER 17/WLW - $59

I understand the principles of supply and demand, but I think from now on I'll meet my supply by trading with those of you who support retailers who aren't filling their own pockets by inflated prices!

Dawn

Like Tim, I suffer from the dreaded TN taxes as well (our local sales tax is 9.25%).....but, WOW!!! - $279-299 for Pappy 23 and $79 for Pappy 15!! I guess I should feel lucky paying $199 and $47 for each of those respectively. Also, the most I have seen Lot B around here is $36.

Thanks for the info. I'll know now to never roam into Indiana looking for dusty bottles!

Pappy 15 showed up in force in Middle Tennessee about a week ago -- I've seen it stacked deep this week in several stores previously with limited (or no) supply.

Tim,

Sounds good. Perhaps we may see some replenishment down here in the 'rear end' of the state sometime soon. But, you never ever know here in the Volunteer State. All my relatives in East TN have always thought I lived in Memphis, Mississippi!

P.S. -- that includes the store where I work part-time. I showed up at work tonight to find 3 on the shelf @ $52+. If they're still there next week after I return from Bardstown, and if I still have any money left, I might just grab a couple (with an employee discount, of course).

We have at least another case of 15yr at my shop, and I know Sam's has more than 20 bottles on thier shelf plus some cases in the back. From what I've heard, the 13yo Family Reserve Rye is going to be the hardest to find until late June, but beyond that I haven't heard of any 15yo shortages.

I must retract my previous statement. I just got home from Sam's and Dave Soto told me the Chicago distributor only had 10 cases of 15yo left. But, in June or July the new bottlings will come out!

Re Indiana, our distributor there takes a pretty hefty mark-up-thus the high prices in that state.

As far as the 15-year Pappy, we just released a few more cases in most markets so it should be reappearing on the shelves soon.

We start shipping new allocations of everything, including rye, after July 1st.

Julian

Julian....

Is any of the 15 making out to California? (Los Angeles specifically) I have been seeing sudden surge in the Pappy 20 appearing here on the shelves recently.

Julian

I'll drink to that!!:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

:woohoo:

Some of the rye is going to be on the top of my list. :yum: :yum:

As for Pappy 15, my nearby Binny's has a fair amount on the shelf, and I just picked one up for about $40.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.