Hancocks on sale at Liquor Barn

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Seems that BT is pushing Hancock's President's Reserve. I noticed that all the stock was missing from one of my regular stops and its appearing in Liquor Barn for 27.99.

That's 15 bucks cheaper than regular price.

BTW: I think I figured out that off flavor that I couldn't nail.

Its papaya. Not the really sweet ripe papaya, but the slightly unripe ketone flavor of papaya.

At this price, I'll pick up another.

Who knows. This might be the last of this style/batch/label/proof/package.

Ken???

Seems that BT is pushing Hancock's President's Reserve. I noticed that all the stock was missing from one of my regular stops and its appearing in Liquor Barn for 27.99.

That's 15 bucks cheaper than regular price.

BTW: I think I figured out that off flavor that I couldn't nail.

Its papaya. Not the really sweet ripe papaya, but the slightly unripe ketone flavor of papaya.

At this price, I'll pick up another.

Who knows. This might be the last of this style/batch/label/proof/package.

Ken???

My theory is that the brand is being repositioned at a markedly lower price point. Given that not one dollar is spent in marketing Hancock's, the move may be a good one.

I had heard from a reliable source, that HR is going to be discontinued.....Buy it now if you like it!

Don't know your source, but since we just sellected barrels for next years (2007) allocation for Hancock, and RHF, I don't think they are to reliable.

ETOHCHEM

got a bottle of this at Liquor Barn on Fern Valley rd. just down the street from Louisville airport. I like this brand very much and at 27.99, its a steal compared to the normal price!

thomas

I don't think anything official has been decided on Hancock's. I do understand the distribution for the particular product might have been paired down recently (it's been suggested that Liquor Barn is to be the sole carrier in KY)

If true, that might explain their (L. Barn's) excellent shelf price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.