Old Charter stock?

BobA
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wondering if anyone has noticed any reduction in the availability of Old Charter? Some store shelves (here in GA) where the 12 year is usually present don't seem to have been restocked, and when I was in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago, the ABC stores had the 10 on "clearance," and I didn't see the 12. I know it's the same mashbill as Stagg, BT, and Eagle, all of which seem to be getting some getting additional attention, so that could put some pressure on, although I would have thought they targeted barrels early in the storage periods, given the differences I taste.

Anyway, just curious whether I should stock up on the 12, which is a favorite of mine. I can shove aside a couple of bottles of WT RR 101, if I need to make some room in the closet.

Bob

Another, similar question, so sorry BobA if I've hijacked:

What, if any, is the difference between the yellow-labelled OC12 and the much more-common (at least around here) dark blue or black label? I've only seen the yellow label very recently and in very out-of-the-way stores, making me think that it's older than the blue or black ones.

Also, what's up with that Ducks Unlimited bottling? It looks almost like it could be a heat-wrap plastic thingy around a regular bottle.

Thanks,

Jeff

...What, if any, is the difference between the yellow-labelled OC12 and the much more-common (at least around here) dark blue or black label? I've only seen the yellow label very recently and in very out-of-the-way stores, making me think that it's older than the blue or black ones.

The yellow label on OC12 is brand new -- and conforms to a new label design on ALL the Old Charter bottlings. I saw it a few times last fall in the Memphis/West Tennessee area, which I understand was one of but four test markets for the labels. We're now seeing them, too, here in Middle Tennessee, so apparently they will now be standard for the brand.

Here's one on a 375ml bottle:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4404&highlight=Old+Charter+label

I don't think that was a highjacking. Actually, as I understand it, a label change involves some bureaucracy and could have them holding distribution up for the new labels; hope that's it.

Only change is the labels, as far as you know?

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.