Henry Mckenna Jug

Nebraska
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was trying not to start a new thread on this, but I'm going to resort to it anyway. After reading some of the old comments, they ranged from really bad to pretty good to I really like this.

I'm also interested in the age of the bourbon and found no mention of this in my reading. Regardless of the bourbon, I will say straight out, I like the jug!

Mark/Nebraska

I remember a Henry McKenna jug from about 15 years ago. At that time, Henry McKenna in the U.S. was a Heaven Hill product while Henry McKenna internationally was still owned by Seagrams and made at Four Roses. The jug was a Four Roses product and, as such, not generally available in the U.S., although I'm sure a few fell through the cracks.

Maybe HH had a subsequent HM jug, but that's the one I know about. If it says "Lawrenceburg, KY" on the label, then it's the Four Roses product.

At the time they also sold, in international markets, a product called No. 1 Bourbon Street. Anyone ever seen that?

The jug itself says Bardstown, it's an 80 proof, I guess i also didn't mention that it says special reserve on the jug. On the fake tax seal holding the stopper down there appears to maybe be a H in the design, maybe.

It came in a box. The box is hexagon shaped and make to look like an old newspaper page, copyright on the box is 1998.

Mark/Nebraska

Sorry my initial description was not very good.

Bardstown means it's Heaven Hill. In my little history, I neglected to mention that HH did eventually get the international rights to HM too, though I don't recall exactly when. So, the whiskey is undoubtedly Heaven Hill, probably four to five years old.

a product called No. 1 Bourbon Street. Anyone ever seen that?

Yes...ME:grin:

I just found it!!!:cool:

Should I order it in??

Yes...ME:grin:

I just found it!!!:cool:

Should I order it in??

It's a straight bourbon from Four Roses, which is a pretty good recommendation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.