Binny's W. L. Weller Aged 12 Years

gmarston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I bought this bottle at Binny’s this week and it has a tag that says that the contents of this bottle are from a single barrel hand-selected by Binny’s. As I think this the best bottle of bourbon I have tasted to date, should I go back and buy several more bottle to store, in the hope that the other bottles are from the same barrel?

Thank you

Gordon

There is at least one existing thread about this bottling, but the short answer to your question is "yes."

I don't know who picks the barrels for Binny's but I loved the Binnys Bookers selection, best Bookers I've ever had. Sounds like I'll try to get some of this Binny's Weller as well.

When I toured Buffalo Trace in April, I was talking to Ken Weber and the subject of Binny's came up. He said that Brett from Binnys travels to BT to periodically select barrels for Binnys. in fact, he was due to arrive the week after I was there to select approx. 14 barrels for various bottlings.

Thomas

Brett from Binnys travels to BT to periodically select barrels for Binnys.
Brett Pontoni is a good friend of StraightBourbon.com. He's a talented whiskey expert who took over the role previously held by Joe Congiusti and is quickly making a name for himself around the globe. Malt Advocate named him Industry Leader of the Year in 2005.

Brett Pontoni is a good friend of StraightBourbon.com. He's a talented whiskey expert who took over the role previously held by Joe Congiusti and is quickly making a name for himself around the globe. Malt Advocate named him Industry Leader of the Year in 2005.

He's also a really nice guy.

Joe :usflag:

It goes without saying that all good friends of StraightBourbon.com are "really nice" people!

I can vouch that Brett is a great guy. I called Binnys toll free number one night just after 9pm hoping to find out what their regular hours were. low and behold, someone answeres the phone and its none other than Brett.I couldn't believe it. he took my order and it went ouit exactly on the dot like he said it would. Cheers to brett and Binnys!

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.