Maker's Mark Slam Dunk

TimmyBoston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was doing some research on the internet and came across the "Maker's Mark Slam Dunk". I know what it is and that it is rare, but why is the Slam Dunk worth so much more money is the whisky any different?

Maker's Mark does all kinds of promotional bottles; NFL, NCAA teams, baseball, etc. It is great marketing. It is all the same whiskey as normal bottling, but people buy it and put in the shelf as a collector's item. The they go out and buy a normal bottle to drink. Voila, doubling their sales!

IMHO, as a bourbon drinker, these bottles are worth no more than any other bottle of Makers. If you collect the 'bottle' , then YOU may place more value on certain promotional bottles that were more limited in release.

I was doing some research on the internet and came across the "Maker's Mark Slam Dunk". I know what it is and that it is rare, but why is the Slam Dunk worth so much more money is the whisky any different?

why don't they just fully submerge a bottle so we can get on with our lives??????:grin:

Bill Samuels was bemoaning to me the fact that the distillery is operating at capacity and they could sell more if they had more to sell. I suggested that he buy some bulk rot gut to put in the commemorative bottles since no one opens them. He didn't think that was funny.

Bill Samuels was bemoaning to me the fact that the distillery is operating at capacity and they could sell more if they had more to sell. I suggested that he buy some bulk rot gut to put in the commemorative bottles since no one opens them. He didn't think that was funny.

That is very, very funny. I rarely have true, laugh out loud moments when I surf, but this was one of them.

Maker's Mark sells their product very, very well. Their whole ambassador program is very cool, and results in real sales.

Joel

What you've been saying about the bottles value, I can't believe people pay so much more for them.

I'd rather have good whiskey than a cute little bottle. I'd to know where these "collectors" store their "rare" bottles for save keeping.

TK

What you've been saying about the bottles value, I can't believe people pay so much more for them.

I'd rather have good whiskey than a cute little bottle. I'd to know where these "collectors" store their "rare" bottles for save keeping.

TK

Well, I keep my 1998 NCAA Championship bottle in the curio cabinet.....:grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.