Heaven Hill BIB expressions?

MikeK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is there more than one expression if Heaven Hill BIB? I picked up a bottle in KY and vaguely remember seeing two different versions on the shelf. I think they differed by age. Assuming I am not making all this up, what are the details on the different expressions? BTW, the one I have is quite good for such an inexpensive product.

Thanks,

Mike,

In Jim Murray´s book about bourbon he mentions two different HH BIB:s. One just called Heaven Hill BIB and the other one named as Old Heaven Hill BIB. Age is not mentioned anywhere.

It should be noted, though, that this book was released in 1998.

Actually, there are a whole bunch of them when you consider that J. W. Dant and a lot of other bonds are made by Heaven Hill. As for more than one BIB being sold under the HH brand, most of the HH-branded products are distributor-specific, so what you can find in Tennessee or North Carolina is likely to be slightly different from what you find in Kentucky. As Bettye Jo can tell you, their label room has literally thousands of labels in it, they make that many different products.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, there are a whole bunch of them when you consider that J. W. Dant and a lot of other bonds are made by Heaven Hill.

And I can tell you that T.W.Samuels 100 BIB is nowhere NEAR the bourbon that VROHH 10 YO (also a 100 proof BIB) is!

On "older" bottlings of T.W. Samuels, BIB, if there is "no age" statement on the label the product is 4 years old.

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.