As wild as you want...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a short note to let some of ya enter this sweepstakes offer...It expires June 15...

Sombody's gonna win and I'd love to hear that person is member of Straighbourbon.com :grin: :grin:

Here is the link http://www.evanwilliams.com/sweepstakes/

The unique twist here?...See that guy (the top picture in the link) with the green shirt?...It's Tom Fisher from the www.Tripodder.com :grin: :grin:

It was really cool introducing Tom to Max :grin: ...The first thing I said was...Tom, is one of the models in the "As wild as you want" ad for Evan Williams...

Tom was proud :grin: :grin:

:cool: :cool: Cool :cool: :cool:

I was going to regester for it, but they wanted too much info about me. My name and email would be fine but, I just dont like giving out that much info about me for nothing.....:soapbox:

Mr./Ms. Anonymous from Memphis,

I continue to be puzzled by many people's concerns regarding so-called privacy issues. I'm trying without success to understand the source of your concern in this instance.

I see two categories of information. One contains ID information that is generally available to anyone who wants to look for it. Said information might also be reasonably necessary to enable the folks at Heaven Hill to contact you and only you, if you were to win the contest. The other is related to your liquor consumption and the contest, information of interest to Heaven Hill only in the aggregate.

Without divulging the actual information, please identify the item of information whose disclosure you feel might damage your well-being. Because you have not disclosed as much as your name in this forum, no one can connect any inference from your answer back to you.

(Bettye Jo, I apologize for turning a fun contest into sociological tedium, but I find it difficult to pass up an opportunity to learn.:grin: )

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Bettye Jo,

I was going to make some lame joke about preferring a trip to Vegas (not that I would) to the outdoor activity implied by elements of the web page. However, when I clicked on the link to the travel company I found that they offer a wide variety of destinations and activities.

Here's the question. If I won the contest and chose this package, would I have the nerve to admit it in this forum? :grin:

BTW, on the Evan Williams page there's a photo of bourbon on the rocks and a bottle of Evan Williams. To my eye there's something odd about the proportions. Comparing the size of the neck of the bottle to the body suggests it might be a 50 ml. However, its overall size is too big compared to the rocks glass for that to be true. Is there something out of whack there, or is my eye fooling me?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I think they will post the names of all the winners on the web page...but as far as telling what package you picked...I don't know the answer...

If you won, I'd hound you till ya told :grin: :grin: :grin:

I looked at all the trips...and to tell the truth...It would be a hard decision because all of them look fun :grin: :grin:

I regret that I'm not eligible :(

As for the porportions on that bottle? I think the glass is huge. The bottle is a 750...The liter has Ltr written on the wrap...and the 50 has no wrap at all :grin:

Betty Jo,

I'll guaran-damn-tee ya, if you get a postcard from some sissy barge outing in France, or anyplace in France, for that matter, it won't be from me.

Heck, I've lived in Arizona almost two years now, and I still haven't gone to see the Grand Canyon. I was 30 years in CA and never set foot in Frisco (the natives love it when you call it that ;) ). Even worse, I never visited here, either. :slappin:

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dive Cruises!! Yea...Yea...I wanna win...I wanna win! I will tell you where I went...even post photos...I will take a bottle of EW down to the bottom with me!

Here's the question. If I won the contest and chose this package, would I have the nerve to admit it in this forum? :grin:

My aunt and uncle did that trip a few years ago. On the last evening, after the last dinner and the last snifter of cognac, my uncle went back to his stateroom, laid down on the bed, had a heart attack and died.

He was cremated and they shipped his ashes back in a Fed Ex envelope.

But don't let that discourage you. Other than that, it was a great trip.

Chuck,

I am not easily discouraged.

Besides, I can think of worse ways to go when my time comes.

Come to think of it, I can think of better too. Same set-up, just move it to the General Nelson after the last gazebo night during my one and only visit to KBF.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

My aunt and uncle did that trip a few years ago. On the last evening, after the last dinner and the last snifter of cognac, my uncle went back to his stateroom, laid down on the bed, had a heart attack and died.

He was cremated and they shipped his ashes back in a Fed Ex envelope.

But don't let that discourage you. Other than that, it was a great trip.

Chuck,

I cruised, I ate, I drank and then I died.

Of all the ways to go, I choose that one.

Ed:bowdown:

By all accounts, he went happy. I liked to imagine that he was also "in the saddle," but my cousins didn't care for that image.

Fill in your own answer here.

One gets me smacked by Patty

The other by Chuck.

:bigeyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.