HH barrel proof?

Hedmans Brorsa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I´m pretty sure that one or even two years ago there was some info about a barrel proof Heaven Hill bourbon being on its way, but since then I haven´t heard anything about this.

I was really looking forward to this and I wonder if anyone knows something more?

Or did I perhaps dream about it? :grin:

I tried using the search function but so many here use HH instead of Heaven Hill and barrel strength/cask strength instead of proof, so it was quite difficult to navigate.

I've never heard of a barrel-proof HH, either actual or impending. Seems like something they should do, though, under one of their brands, at least as a special edition.

Once I mentioned this to Larry Kass and he said we already have one, Original Barrel 107 proof.

I´m pretty sure that one or even two years ago there was some info about a barrel proof Heaven Hill bourbon being on its way, but since then I haven´t heard anything about this.

I was really looking forward to this and I wonder if anyone knows something more?

Or did I perhaps dream about it? :grin:

I tried using the search function but so many here use HH instead of Heaven Hill and barrel strength/cask strength instead of proof, so it was quite difficult to navigate.

Lennart,

Cadenheads have several single barrels that are sold here in Europe. A bit pricey though.

Leif

Have you tried any of these Cadenheads bottlings, Leif? I haven´t but I really don´t know why. Maybe because there´s always something hazardous about independent bottlings. If you are unlucky you could end up with a really dodgy bottle, even if the distillery in question is irreproachable.

Anyways, what I had in mind was an official HH bottling. After doing an extensive search I eventually found the post in question. It´s from 2004 but beware : it´s from the old forum with no converted smilies. Bearing in mind Bettye Jo´s charming penchant for smilies it is not always easy to read.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showthread.php?t=3127

Once I mentioned this to Larry Kass and he said we already have one, Original Barrel 107 proof.

I don't know whose barrels come out at 107, but Heaven Hill's definitely don't. The EWSB Vintage unveiling usually starts with a tasting at barrel proof and it's a Stagg-worthy 145.

His words, not mine. I didn't make it up. Kitzmiller, his wife,BettyeJo Me and Amelia were there.

Have you tried any of these Cadenheads bottlings, Leif? I haven´t but I really don´t know why. Maybe because there´s always something hazardous about independent bottlings. If you are unlucky you could end up with a really dodgy bottle, even if the distillery in question is irreproachable.

Anyways, what I had in mind was an official HH bottling. After doing an extensive search I eventually found the post in question. It´s from 2004 but beware : it´s from the old forum with no converted smilies. Bearing in mind Bettye Jo´s charming penchant for smilies it is not always easy to read.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showthread.php?t=3127

Lennart,

No I haven’t tasted any of Cadenheads HH bourbon offerings. And I also wait for an official HH uncut and hopefully unfiltered bottle.

Leif

His words, not mine. I didn't make it up. Kitzmiller, his wife,BettyeJo Me and Amelia were there.

Please don't think my statement reflected any doubts about you. I'm sure you heard correctly, it jus t'ain't so.

Where, pray tell, can one acquire a bottle? Is this a new product that is still aging?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.