Appreciating what's there

Nebraska
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's fun learning about the different bourbons. I also like the history parts that people share. Being in the Midwest, I am a long ways from bourbon country, although I'm doing what I can to make my own little annex of the kingdom here.

One thing I've come to appreciate is what's available and what's good. I've always been the type of person that I'm looking for the best value and variety. At the top of my most wanted list right now is Weller 12 yo $18 and Saz Jr $26. Neither are rare, neither are really hard to get, but in my eyes, from what people have discussed in the past and currently these are truly worthy bourbons in terms of value. When I say value, I mean great product at a great price.

I think we get so wrapped up at times in what we may not be able to get, or what is premium priced (therefore perceived to be premium taste) that we sometimes lose sight of the real treasures that are right there in front of us.

One of my favorite pours right now is Rittenhouse Rye 100 Bib $13. My VG 90, while a bit neglected lately because of the variety I have was $15.

Last but not least, somebody when I first joined asked if I was a collecter or a drinker. It was too early to know for sure so I said a little of both. While I appreciate the history and have fun finding old bottles here and there, I guess I can safely say I'm a drinker, I want to taste what ever it is that I get.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.