Woodford Reserve tasting in London

Ambernecter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have just had the pleasure of attending a tasting presentation hosted by Chris Morris (Master Distiller of Woodford reserve) in the Harvey Nichols store London.

I was slightly late due to traffic and missed the first 2 minutes of his chat. Notwithstanding I found it to be a very animated, informative and newbie friendly presentation.

We had a tasting selection of 1 DAY OLD Woodford, 3 YO Woodford, Regular Woodford Reserve, compared with Wild Turkey 101, Maker's Mark and BT 90 proof. Chris really elaborated and compared the flavours/merits of the all whiskeys and we all enjoyed a few laughs along the way...

He was open to questions at the end and we enjoyed a quick chat as he went round the tables. I asked him about the release of his 4 grain whiskey and he told me it is coming soon. My eyes are peeled!

I asked him about the release of his 4 grain whiskey and he told me it is coming soon. My eyes are peeled!

If this is a new release of the 4 grain, I hope they get it right this time. If not you can get a feel for the taste of it by filling your mouth with copper pennies and pouring Georgia Moon through them, spitting out the GM and swallowing the pennies for the finish. Of course, YMMV.:slappin: :puke:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.