Bourbon and Loaded Baked Potatoes

TimmyBoston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I find a good combination to be a loaded baked potato, sour cream, butter, bacon, chives, cheese, the works and a nice glass of older bourbon, something with a touch of oak to be a great combination. I've used PVW 15 and WTRR 101, they were both excellent.

TimmyB, I usually find that my favorite pour tastes good with...well, a side of...errr...a big helping of...mmmm..a mess of pretty much everything!!! All kidding aside, it is nice to have favorite foods that compliment other things that we are very fond of as well!! In my profile, I mention fine dining....other than women, and cigars..what is better than booze, and food?! By the way, those were in no particular order!!

As an Idahoan (originally, at least), I fully endorse this proposal. Plus, I quite like loaded baked potatoes - your post reminds me that I don't have them often enough. Who'd a thought they paired well with bourbon?

Maybe it will pair well with EC18, which I find to be very woody and isn't really my favorite...

While I'm not a big fan of sour cream, a well-prepared baked potato can be quite a treat. My granddad (mother's side, a native of west central Illinois, near the Mississippi River) always planted some potatoes whenever he had a place to plant a garden - and he was mighty proud of his spuds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.