REMINDER - Ky Bourbon Festival

kitzg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a reminder that the KY Bourbon Festival is only about 43 days away. I've been told if you do not have a hotel room you likely won't get one (last year I got one in August but maybe this year is different). For more information go to: http://www.kybourbonfestival.com

Of particular notes are:

FRIDAY SEP 14 - "Bourbon Heritage Panel", Spalding Hall, 114 North Fifth Street

A panel of Master Distillers and Bourbon Experts explain the history and making of Kentucky Bourbon, why it is distinctive, etc., * Free admission

FRI & SAT 6 PM - 12 Midnight Food Booths and Spirit Garden, Spalding Hall and City Hall Lawns, 114 N. Fifth Street

Partake of your favorite KY Bourbon or beer in the Spirit Garden cash bar, ID is required., * Free Admission to the Lawn - cash bar and food

SAT 7:30 AM - 11 AM Kentucky Bourbon Breakfast

Lower Floor Spalding Hall

114 N. Fifth Street

Taste a selection of Sour Mash Pancakes, Kentucky Sausage, Bourbon butter and syrup, Bourbon coffee (you get the idea), and much more.

* $5 per person - Purchase tickets at the door

SAT 2PM - 4PM Master Distiller’s Auction, Spalding Hall Chapel, 114 N. Fifth Street

This prestigious auction gives you the opportunity to bid on

vintage and unusual bottles of your favorite Kentucky Bourbon

autographed by the Master Distillers along with other Bourbon memorabilia.

* Free Admission

AND FOR THOSE WITH DEEP POCKETS WHO WANT THE FULL EXPERIENCE

6:30PM - 1AM "The Great Kentucky Bourbon Tasting and Gala" *, JIDECO Hall

901 Withrow Court

A Bourbon lover’s dream. This event begins by sampling the finest KY Bourbons and a chance to meet the Master Distillers. Following the tasting, enjoy an official toast along with a gourmet meal and dancing. The tasting and gala is one of the signature events of the Kentucky Bourbon Festival and is a night you will never forget. Hall of Fame winners will also be announced.

* $125 per person - Reservations required - 800-638-4877, Dress- Black Tie Only

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

That's right Greg, but there's much more than that going on -- and just for StraightBourbon forum members!

Exclusives like: A special tour and tasting with Elmer T. Lee at Buffalo Trace

on Thursday at 1430 hrs. Event Coordinator: Omar/bourbonmed

StraightBourbon Tailgate Party & Fun Raiser -- Friday night after the Bourbon Heritage Panel. Event Coordinator: Mike Veach/bourbonv

1st Annual Arron Burr Pistol Tournament -- Blast big holes in Alexander 'whiskey tax' Hamilton's face with a .357 magnum revolver or .45 semi-automatic! Event Coordinators: Linn & Bill/Mashbill

Oscar Getz College of Whiskey Knowledge -- Real hands on instruction in how to taste whiskey by Mike Veach: Chuck Cowdery, and Old Foote. Saturday night for those not going to the Gala. Be sure to bring your tasting pants!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Don't we make a good Huntley Brinkley here (Hell, kids don't even know who they were!)

Thanks, Linn, for adding to it

Looking forward to it!!

Greg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bill I'm going to guess that Toddy's is already used to taking bullit-riddled Hamiltons in exchange for fine bourbons. If not they soon will be!

Linn Spencer

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

That's right Greg! This is a very special year>>>>>> Here's Why>>>>>>>

1) Chuck Cowdery has never been to a Bourbon Festival. It is our duty to show him a good time.

2) Jim Butler, Mr. StraightBourbon.com.himself, is flying in from California with his Big Brother Dave. It is the first time for both of them at the Bourbon Festival. This is a once in a lifetime deal. You've just got to meet these fine men. Yes they're smart. Yes they have 'Big Brains'. Yes we should get them drunk as monkeys because that's the kind of fine fellows we are.

3) Me. Yes you get to see just what a big fat bourbon swilling turkey I really am! It's worth the price of admission folks.

4) Mike Veach -- Meet and greet the great Bourbon Veach -- One of the most knowledgable men on the forum. Serious on the forum-- he's a riot after a few drinks. You just gotta meet this guy! Way too cool.

5) Greg & JoJo Kitzmiller -- Way Cool folks from somewhere in IL. Smart and Sassy -- Fun is their middle name!

6) JoBettye & Connie -- The Heaven Hill Girls! Sexey is as Sexey does. They're just Too Hot To Handle!

So bring your bad self down south to the best damn time in America! The Bardstown Bourbon Festival. It's a good time for all!

Linn Spencer

Linn, just so we don't deceive people, Jo and I are in Indiana, not Illinois.

I truly look forward to the Master Distiller's panel which for me is one of the highlights. Not to mention any and all of Mike Veach's talks plus his new Bourbon Academy.

Shall be fun, interesting, and enlightening. Oh, and there will be bourbon, too!

Greg

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

OOPS Sorry Greg. My mistake. Indiana. Indiana Indiana. There I think I've got it now.

Linn Spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.