2001 class of the Oscar Getz Academy

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

The Bourbon Festival is 1 month away and the time has come to start registration for the Oscar Getz Academy of American Whiskey. This fund raising event will be held on Saturday night, September 15 and cost $25.00 to attend. There is a limit of 50 tickets to be sold and they will be available on a first come, first serve basis. To make reservations for the 2001 class please send your request for tickets to the Oscar Getz Museum.

The Academy will attempt to teach its students about American Whiskey and its history. The class will start at 7:00 at the museum with a private tour of the museum with discussions on the heritage and history of distilling in America. At about 8:00 there will be a class on American Whiskey with tastings of a traditional bourbon made with rye, a wheated bourbon, a typical "well" bourbon, a Tennessee Whisky, a rye whiskey and a Canadian Whisky with explanations as to how each catagory is unique. There will then be an exam where the student will be given an unknown whiskey and asked to place it in its proper catagory. The night will end with a cheese and fruit tray while the samples from the class are properly disposed of by the students.

The faculty of the Academy will include myself as resident historian, Ed Foote, retired Master Distiller from both United Distillers and Seagrams and special guest lecturer Chuck Cowdery. A good time will be had by all and there is no mandatory homework but I will be more than happy to asign extra credit for those who wish further lessons.

Mike Veach

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Mike I'd like to reserve two tickets. Is there an e-mail address for the Getz Museam?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Linn,

I am sorry but there is no email at the museum yet. Next year that will be an option. As it is you will have to send your check to the Museum at 114 North Fifth Street, Bardstown, Ky. 40004.

Mike Veach

Mike,

In additon to "special guest lecturer," can I also be the Dean of Discipline?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

>> Does this title involve paddling the women? <<

Why just limit it to women?

I should point out that the Academy is taking place at the same time as the festival "gala." Not only is it cheaper than the "gala" ($125), it's cheaper than renting the tux you would also need to attend the gala and it's indoors (at least part of the "gala" is under a tent in a parking lot).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.