Bourbon Ball Recipes

swbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stephanie,

They don't call me "The King of Search" for nothing. :grin:

Look here. One, two, three, four, five and six. Here's one from the Wild Turkey website.

However, I doubt there's any consensus as to which is best. (A Google search for "bourbon ball recipe" returned over 400,000 hits!)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave - Thank you for searching, I did the same earlier but Jim told me to get a recipe from one of you all. I believe from the search I have the general idea as to what makes a good bourbon ball.

Thanks again Dave

Stephanie

Stephanie,

If Randy Goode doesn't reply to this thread with his wife's recipe....I'll get it from her and send it to you. She makes the BEST bourbon balls :)

Dawn

• 2 months later...

I did do bourbon balls for the first time this weekend. I did look both on recipes from the forum and Swedish recipes of arrak balls with is basically the same but other spirit. I also considered the conversation I had with Kim at Cliffs place where she told me that you shouldn’t go that mush for any recipe but rather go for your own taste. With mean for instance if you don’t like it sweet just add less sugar and so on. I like it less sweet and with lots of bourbon so I made it with about 200 gram dry muffins and 200 gram of “mandelmassa†with is a paste of 50% white sugar and 50% almonds. To that I added 3 cl dry cacao and 10 cl OFBB 2004. (The closest recipe said 4.5 cl.) After tasting I had to ad more sugar of some kind. I did choose to add about 4-5cl farin sugar with actually haven’t, for some mysteries reason been sold in Sweden for about 20 years. I bought mine in Finland. Since I did add so much bourbon I had to let it settle in the fridge a wile to suck up the liquid. After that I did dip it in dark chocolate and rolled it in chopped hazelnuts. Due to the high bourbon content they are at its best directly from the fridge. They were a big success in my family but I will still change to a high proof bourbon next time.

Leif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.