Buffalo Trace Trip - Reminder

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Greetings bourbon friends. Here's a reminder, please read and reply if you wish to attend. Also, please provide a contact phone or email address for confirmation.

What: Buffalo Trace Tasting Event & Tour

When: Thursday, Sept. 13, 2:15 p.m. (Meet at 1:30 p.m. in Bardstown)

Where: Buffalo Trace Distillery, near Frankfort.

Ken Weber, brand manager at Buffalo Trace Distillery, has invited a group of straightbourbon.com enthusiasts to a private tasting Thursday Sept. 13, 2:15 p.m. at the beautiful Stony Point Mansion.

The event includes a tour of the distillery, a chat with legendary master distiller Elmer T. Lee and a tasting of old and new bourbons at BT. We'll get a taste of Elmer's 107 proof. If you have a special bottle you'd like to share, bring it along and we can all compare notes!

Snacks and coffee will be served. Good thing, we are going to need it!

NOTE: For obvious reasons we can't drive ourselves, so a van will pick us up in Bardstown at 1:30 p.m. Pick up location TBA and open to suggestions, possibly at festival's main entrance. Will firm up soon.

CAPACITY: 12 people. From my notes, 9 forum members said they are coming. Please confirm. On list a few months ago:

Linn and Vicky

John and Linda

Greg and Jo

Mike V.

Mash Bill

Chuck C.

Jim B., Brenda, Vasshopper ?

Cheers,

Omar

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Omar,

Vickie and I will be driving up Wednesday and spending the night in Frankfort. We'll just meet y'all at Buffalo Trace.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

I probably won't get in early enough to attend, so you can take my name off the list, with regrets.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

HI OMAR!

Wish i could attend, but i've used up all alloted vacation time and i have only myself to blame. I sincerely appreciate the invitation and i'll try to make it there for the weekend. Thanks Omar.

Den

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

My first commitment is to the events the Getz Museum holds, so my going to Frankfort will depend upon whether Falget can get along without that afternoon. Right now I would say it is a 50/50 chance as to whether I go or not.

Mike Veach

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone, here's the latest on our planned trip to Buffalo Trace:

DATE: Sept. 13th, (Meet at 12:30 p.m.)

WHERE: My Old Kentucky Dinner Train, 602 N. 3rd St. Bardstown.

NOTE: We are meeting one hour earlier (12:30 instead of 1:30 pm) to allow time for distillery tour and round table tasting. Drive takes one hour and 15 minutes.

Casual dress.

Ken will be in a large white van marked Bourbon Police (just kidding, unmarked van) and will meet us in front of the dinner train RR tracks at 12:30 pm sharp. The dinner train is a 3 minute drive from the festival, close to all our hotels.

Note: Our courtesy shuttle to Buffalo Trace is half full. Come on people, this is a free event! Confirmed so far:

Ken/Omar

John/ Linda Lipman

Jim Butler

Bill Legge

Linn and Vicky are joining us in Frankfort

Mike Veach (?)

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn 502-349-0100. I believe there's a big party at Sharky's Bar (across Hampton Inn) Friday night but would prefer to participate in any forum gathering.

Thanks,

Omar

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Oh come on Omar we want to ride in the Bourbon Police paddy wagon! After you meet Jim Butler ( not of the Holy Roller East Coast Butlers) you'll see why he needs to be arrested! Just call me Rett!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Hey now, be nice.

Why I need to be arrested is never immediately apparent upon meeting me. After about the fifth drink however, I become a hardened thought criminal. A repeat offender in fact.

I will offend again!

Omar, are there any door handles on the inside of Ken's van?

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Omar,

I do want to come but it will depend upon when I have to pick up the whiskey and food for the academy. I hope to have it done by Wed. but it may be Thu. If that is the case I am not sure I will be able to make it. If I do come I am bringing a pint of WWII era Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond.

Mike Veach

Hi Ken and all,

Now we got 10 bourbonians on the "paddy wagon" excursion to Frankfort:

Giammarco/ Kristin

John/Linda

Jim B./MashBill

Linn/Vicky

Omar/Lloyd

There's room for 4 more. See you all Thursday 12:30 pm, at My Old Kentucky Dinner Train tracks!

Omar

Kristin,

In the picture, I recognize (in no particular order) Linn, Vicki, Ken Weber, Mike V., John and Linda. I assume that the two on the left are you and your husband.

Who are the others?

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Marvin and Evelyn are also in the front, and that's my big melon sticking up in back (I drove up just as the gang was returning). Barely visible in back is Mike Veach.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by cowdery on Mon Sep 17 11:52:19 2001 (server time).</FONT></P>

Chuck,

Ok then got 'em all. I didnt recognize you because the only picture of you I have ever seen is the one on the bicycle.

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.