New York Whiskey Fest

DrinkyBanjo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ll be going with a friend of mine from work, bought my tickets back in April. Been wanting to go for a few years now but it’s either that the tickets sell out or I wind up passing on it at the last minute because I don’t feel like spending the money on it, the price is pretty steep, especially for a 4 and a half hour event ($145!).

I assume people here have been to this event in the past, is it worth the price of admission? Also, how do people typically dress at these things? The photo’s on the site pretty much all appear to be of the exhibitors.

I wore jeans and a t-shirt and was a bit 'under dressed'. That being said I plan on wearing jeans and a t-shirt this year too, it really doesn't matter. I went for the $100 version last year. I'd imagine that the extra time might be worth it but I had more than my fair share of whiskey last year.

The benefit of the event is that you can try lots of different expressions without having to actually buy them. Some of the offerings, PVW 20 for example, are quite expensive and it might be some folks only chance to try them. If you wanted to you could sample a lot of expensive and rare whiskey in that time to make it worth your while.

I actually liked meeting the distillers myself. Meeting Jimmy Russell was worth the price of admission alone for me.

I'll be there. Are we going to meet up at some point??? I think we should set a time to all get together.

Has anybody went to their web-site and looked at the Charity Whisky List yet. At $20 a try for charity, there are some must tastes for me. Hope to see all of you soon.

Yeah, it would be cool for all of us that will be there to grab a bit of something good and meet up. I’m down however I’ve tried this with some other people from different forums at conventions somewhat unsuccessfully. One thing about conventions is that they are so infrequent and never long enough, I loose track of time. Perhaps those that wish to meet up should wear something subtle that will distinguish us?

I got my tickets so I'm confirmed. Let me know when/where you'd like to meet and I'll be there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.