Heaven Hill will not participate in the Festival

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry folks but Heaven Hill will not participate in the Bourbon Festival. This includes everything!!! The gala, barrel rolling, the booth on Spalding Hall grounds etc.

I quote Max, This is not a time to party. I agree with him, it is a sign of respect for all the lives lost.

Bettye Jo Boone

I know how hard it is to deter Max when he has made up his mind about something (okay, it's impossible) and I respect his position. I think it is very principled and appropriate. The other side of the coin, of course, is that if you allow terrorists and their acts to influence what you will or won't do, then they have won. Also, part of healing is spending time with friends and family. I'm sure the mood at the festival will be more somber than usual, but I am looking forward to attending, to seeing friends, and to relieving some of the anxiety of the last two days. I hope I will have an opportunity to meet you and to visit with my other Heaven Hill friends.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Linda & I are here.

MashBill is here.

Linn & Vicki are here.

We all went to dinner at Dagwood's and spent the evening getting acquainted with some fine bourbons.

Marvin and Evelyn are here. We spoke to each other via cell phone, but haven't met up yet.

I spoke to Bourbonmed last night, and it doesn't look as though he'll be able to get air transporatation from South Florida, at least not in time for the Buffalo Trace excursion. Omar, I know how disappointed you must feel, and I want you to know we all appreciate all the planning and work you did with Ken. If you can't be with us in person tomorrow, at least you'll be in our thoughts. If you can still get here, but later, come anyway. We'll personally take you out to Buffalo Trace.

Thanks, Chuck, for letting us know you're still with us. JoBettye, we also respect Max's decision. I know it wasn't an easy one. At least two other distilleries have also announced they won't be participating. We're really sorry, and we'll miss seeing them. If you're not working in the festival booth, does that mean you'll be at the bottling plant, and if so, what are the chances some of us StraightBourbonheads could get a special tour? Also, we still need to get in touch with you to buy our shirts. Linda will private e-mail you with our cell-phone number.

=John=

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey>http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey</A>

John, if you are monitoring the forum while there can you announce what other 2 distilleries are not participating?

Greg

Hi All,

My husband and I just got to Bardstown this morning at 6am. We're at the Ramada on 3rd street. We will try to meet up with you guys at the Old Kentucky Dinner Train for the Buffalo Trace trip. Hopefully Bourbonmed will be able to make it here soon. We'll be at the train at 12:30.

I just got back from Bardstown. I stopped by the train station to see everyone. There were several new people there that I did not know. I met Ken and yes BT is still in the Bourbon Festival. It is almost like a ghost town. I have done the booth for years and the town is usually pretty busy getting ready for the festival. It is pretty empty now. Flaget told me that they are putting together a special prayer service tomorrow night. I talked with the people at ISC and they are taking donations for the families at their booth this year and also a lot of other people are too. I will keep you informed on what is going on that I know of. I will be at the festival off and on throughtout the weekend.

later

jobettye

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.