Wild Turkey Heritage

DrinkyBanjo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My friends wife just got back from an international trip and brought be back a Wild Turkey Heritage.

I see some past threads but most have been about Duty Free in general. Anyone try this stuff and if so any opinions?

My friends wife just got back from an international trip and brought be back a Wild Turkey Heritage.

I see some past threads but most have been about Duty Free in general. Anyone try this stuff and if so any opinions?

I had brought a bottle to Jim's get together over the summer.

I thought it was quite good. Not up to Gold Foil standards, but very balanced and rich. I believe it's listed as a single barrel (despite no barrel info). No age statment either, if i remember correctly.

There is a white sticker on the bottle with barrel and warehouse information on mine. No age statement though.

May I ask where they got it? I was made to believe it was a DFS only line. I had a friend that went to Bali and was going to fetch me 3 bottles, but it was all gond by that time. And the stupid DFS stores in Australia never had it, even though it was on their website:hot:

I really want one of these bottles, I'd even be prepared to buy one on ebay, but I've only ever seen 1 of them for sale....

Scott

I had brought a bottle to Jim's get together over the summer.

Greg, are you sure the one you brought wasn't Freedom? For some reason I am recalling that, but I may be wrong as well. Either way it was good, but I agree not quite up to 12 year...

May I ask where they got it? I was made to believe it was a DFS only line. I had a friend that went to Bali and was going to fetch me 3 bottles, but it was all gond by that time. And the stupid DFS stores in Australia never had it, even though it was on their website:hot:

I really want one of these bottles, I'd even be prepared to buy one on ebay, but I've only ever seen 1 of them for sale....

Scott

Yes, I had a friend pick it up at a DFS shop while coming back to USA from Asia. It is a DFS only release, as far as i know. I think it ran somewhere around $40-45. They also had WT 12 y.o. split label 700ml for around $35.

Greg, are you sure the one you brought wasn't Freedom? For some reason I am recalling that, but I may be wrong as well. Either way it was good, but I agree not quite up to 12 year...

No it was Heritage. I totally remember now. It came in a tube and I can remember it pretty clearly. It was weird that it was a single barrel with no barrel info or age statement.

I would provide the information if I had it. I figured he was nice enough to get it for me so I didn't ask too many questions! I hope to sample this weekend.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I figured last night would make a great night to sample this for the first time. All I can say is 'wow', this is not what I expected at all. The nose is so candy it's unbelievable! I cannot believe this is Wild Turkey, the closest resemblance I can think of is RHF but that is still a stretch, a unique nose to say the least. When drinking the candy makes way for some nice spiciness, I'd say this was a pretty rye heavy mash bill.

Anyone else have a bottle of this? Being that it is a single barrel I would imagine they could be quite different but I'd like to hear the thoughts of others.

I have a bottle. I remember really liking it. I got mine on a trip to Okinawa early this summer. I still have about half a bottle. Things that are unlikely to be replaced become "Too precious to drink" for a while. I will have a small pour now.

The stick on has a barrel number, warehouse letter and a bottling date, but no age statement.

It is sweet for a WT product, but still seems like WT to me. Good bourbon!

Ed

Being Thanksgiving and all I sampled a lot of Turkeys this weekend. The 'candy' nose I was referring to above can be found in the background of RR101. It is really in the background but its there, however in the Heritage it is WAY in the forefront and almost knocks you over.

It is definitely Turkey!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.