My Memories of Kinsey Distilling

dave ziegler

Maybe Chuck could help you and both of you could produce a nice historical book on the company......

Jono If He would that would be something great I need someone with the ability to put it altogether and It could Happen it is not at all about me it is about the Company and its people their lives and the products we made Pa Distilling history. Do you think he would? It is something I have dreamed of for many a year to keep the History of Si Neuman & Harry Publicker & Jacob G Kinsey going on forever! It is funny that you said that as My friend here at work from India reads my stuff all the time and loves the way I write and just yesterday he said Maybe someone who knows how to put the product of a History Book is on the site and can be apart of it and help you to write a book! He is a very Highly Smart R&D Engineer and He loves reading About Kinsey. If I ever can get a book I would give it the title of this Thread == My Memories Of Kinsey Distilling ----

Dave Z

Or, if not Chuck...an enterprising writer from a local college or newspaper, magazine...especially a regional magazine....or a PA history publication....there are various ways to approach it....

Potential starting place:

http://www.hsp.org/default.aspx?id=68

Tamara Gaskell, Director of Publications & Editor

Tamara (Tammy) Gaskell is director of publications and edits ThePennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography and Pennsylvania Legacies, and also provides editorial support for the organization generally. She has been at HSP since October 2002. Tammy graduated with a degree in American Studies from Amherst College and received a PhD in American History from Brandeis University in 1995, with concentrations in early American history, social history, and women’s history. Her dissertation, “‘Seeking to Strengthen the Ties of Friendship’: Women and Community in Southeastern Ohio, 1788–850,” looks at the role of women in the building of community on the trans-Appalachian frontier. She has presented numerous conference papers and published articles on this work. More recently, she was assistant editor of the Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers project, a documentary editing project based at Rutgers. She is the assistant editor on the first two volumes of what will be a six-volume series. She has also worked as a reference librarian and as editor of the publications of the Center for Research on Women at the University of Memphis.

Dan Rolph, Historian & Head of Reference Services

Dan Rolph has worked at HSP since 1985. He received his BA in History with a minor in Anthropology from the University of Utah, an MS in History from the University of Kentucky, and a Ph.D. in Folklore and Folklife from the University of Pennsylvania. Dan has designed and taught many college level courses including “The American Civil War: 1861–65,” “Classical Mythology,” “Minorities in American History,” and “Your Family in History." In 1992 Dan published To Shoot Burn and Hang—Folk-History from a KentuckyMountain Family and Community. In 2002 he published My Brother’s Keeper: Union & Confederate Soldiers’ Acts of Mercy during the Civil War. Both books were well received and are still readily available through outlets such as Amazon.com. He has presented at numerous conferences and lectures and even appeared on C-Span and BookTV to promote his books.

Or - http://www.paheritage.org/pa-magazine.html

Michael O’Malley - Editor

Michael O’Malley has been the editor of Pennsylvania Heritage® since 1984, and has been with the PHMC since 1978. His most notable accomplishment was his editorial direction of the magazine series in the 1990s that profiled history makers in Pennsylvania such as Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers), David McCullough, Kitty Carlisle Hart, James Michener, and others notables. A native Pennsylvanian, O’Malley also enjoys reading, travel, antiques, and visiting museums and galleries.

Jono Thanks for the Information I will check it all out Next week. Here is something I promised and could not find another picture of Our Old Kinsey Plant Lunch room. It was a Place where we enjoyed our breaks very much and even though small and none of the modern treats in the Machines like today we were happy with our Crackers and L&G Chips and A-Treat Soda's from Allentown pa. It was a getaway during a hard but good days work and during Christmas it was a supply for Soda for making Lots of drinks in the Plant! The day before the Christmas Holiday 1969 when everyone was getting wiped out and I watched they ran the soda machine dry in no time and the snack machine was empty very quick! Government Men where right next store and I can't tell you how many times I saw them getting Ginger Ale or Grapefruit Soda out of the old Machine. It is always hard for me to walk in and see our Bird bath type sink to wash up broken in pieces by Kids and the Lockers thrown over and the Machines standing there empty and papers thrown everywhere from Walts cabinet. You had to work there to know what I mean, we did not ask people to help we took care of our own there if you got hurt Walt was there with the Kinsey Benefit club check book to do what he could and we would also take collections. We did not look for Government to Help we took care of are own!

Dave Z

Join The Swing To Kinsey

post-1964-14489814759748_thumb.jpg

No Jono I did not use the card rack there when I worked there we had a Rack at the front of the plant! I think they most have done that after they Quit Bottling Whiskey and used the Bottle house for Antifreeze. Our Time Card rack was in the old Dsp- Pa - 12 building. I went back today after not being there for two weeks and here are some Pictures! The First couple of Pictures are at Ludy's as I went there at Noon to give him a barrel Bung With Kinsey Distillery on it and Ludy 42 yrs service and Linfield Pa. He had his daughter bring the 6 gal Barrel he made when he went to Cooper's school and I got some shots of it in the special rack the Company let them make to show case it on! Then I went to Kinsey and there are Pictures of the buildings and I went back in the Old Bottle House before it falls down all the way. The Pictures are Ludy's Barrel then A Picture of Ludy with the Bung that Fricky did up for me so I could give it to Him. Then going into the plant from going down to the river. The Well at O Building, The Time Card Rack in The O building Plant lunch room. Some more pictures of the lunch room and some pictures of the water distilling unit in O building. Next are some pictures of some of the Warehouses and a couple of Pictures showing the steel beam that was on each warehouse roof to lift things to the second and thrid floors.

Then some pictures out front of the Old Kinsey Gain silo and in the old Bottle House out front as the roof has not fallen in on the first floor yet. first sht in there shows to of the Windows at the end where the lines finished and they packed the cases Had shutters on them and Bars! then some shots of the big first room and then of the very back where the second floor had fallen down years ago you can see the trought for dumping and the floor fallen in on it. Then I finially figuered the Big tank in the back side it has what was a sort of wooden gage that had a glass tube to show how much whiskey was in it it is strange that it sits side ways on legs.

Last pictures are of a Explosion proof Glass and cover I got out of the old Bottle house when I took it loose it had been still perfectly sealed I wiped the inside and it was clean no dust or dirt. Then a inking Brush, A explosion prrof switch from the Maintance bard,A 1941 Ford Truck Wiper motor and a Old Kinsey Sample Bottle found near the Water distilling unit. Also a picture of Building P if you look you can see where the 3 signs for it used to be.

Dave Z

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489814760165_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814760587_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981476099_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814761387_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981476178_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814762187_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814762579_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814762981_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814763249_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814763659_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814764046_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814764457_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814764858_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814765274_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814765668_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814766086_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814766494_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814766908_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814767315_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814768231_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981476864_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814768919_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814769174_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814769556_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814769956_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814770242_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814770654_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814771039_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814771435_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814771827_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981477223_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814772495_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814772907_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814773313_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814773717_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814774107_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814774389_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814774816_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814775208_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814775477_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981477575_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981477614_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981477657_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814777006_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981477743_thumb.jpg

Hey Dave, I was at my brother in laws for a nephew's birthday tonight, looking under his bar he had some old stuff. All from his dad and unopened. He has a bottle id Kinsey Dry Gin and he also had a bottle of Barton Dry Gin, after looking at the bottom of each bottle they are from the early 70's. He said I could have the but I did not take them, though I would let you know about it first and if you have any interest, I'll send it to you. No bourbons in the old stuff but the Kinsey stood out from reading here.

Any way hope all is well with you and let me know I'll grab the gin and send it on.

Tony

No Jono I did not use the card rack there when I worked there we had a Rack at the front of the plant! I think they most have done that after they Quit Bottling Whiskey and used the Bottle house for Antifreeze. Our Time Card rack was in the old Dsp- Pa - 12 building. I went back today after not being there for two weeks and here are some Pictures! The First couple of Pictures are at Ludy's as I went there at Noon to give him a barrel Bung With Kinsey Distillery on it and Ludy 42 yrs service and Linfield Pa. He had his daughter bring the 6 gal Barrel he made when he went to Cooper's school and I got some shots of it in the special rack the Company let them make to show case it on! Then I went to Kinsey and there are Pictures of the buildings and I went back in the Old Bottle House before it falls down all the way. The Pictures are Ludy's Barrel then A Picture of Ludy with the Bung that Fricky did up for me so I could give it to Him. Then going into the plant from going down to the river. The Well at O Building, The Time Card Rack in The O building Plant lunch room. Some more pictures of the lunch room and some pictures of the water distilling unit in O building. Next are some pictures of some of the Warehouses and a couple of Pictures showing the steel beam that was on each warehouse roof to lift things to the second and thrid floors.

Then some pictures out front of the Old Kinsey Gain silo and in the old Bottle House out front as the roof has not fallen in on the first floor yet. first sht in there shows to of the Windows at the end where the lines finished and they packed the cases Had shutters on them and Bars! then some shots of the big first room and then of the very back where the second floor had fallen down years ago you can see the trought for dumping and the floor fallen in on it. Then I finially figuered the Big tank in the back side it has what was a sort of wooden gage that had a glass tube to show how much whiskey was in it it is strange that it sits side ways on legs.

Last pictures are of a Explosion proof Glass and cover I got out of the old Bottle house when I took it loose it had been still perfectly sealed I wiped the inside and it was clean no dust or dirt. Then a inking Brush, A explosion prrof switch from the Maintance bard,A 1941 Ford Truck Wiper motor and a Old Kinsey Sample Bottle found near the Water distilling unit. Also a picture of Building P if you look you can see where the 3 signs for it used to be.

Dave Z

There are 43 new pictures on here on page 23 #230 and I hope to get back again and do some more crawling and get some more good pictures of Kinsey, Also two pages back the last big set of Pictures I put on there was a picture of a cement Tank Page 21 # 207 Last picture I have figured what that was I have a old Picture of the back of Dsp-Pa-12 and there was a grain silo where the grain when ready went into the Still to the #12 and I will look for that picture and post it. When I was taking these pictures today It hit me when I saw its location.

Dave Z

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey

Here is the Picture behind Dsp-Pa-12 before they tore it down! If you look at the picture I took behind where the still stood itwould be on the far left of the still back then. And if you look at the last picture of Page 21 on #207 that is all that is left of it. The Pictures on Page 23 #230 took me about 3 hrs of walking around to get today on Sunday it was a beautiful day for it. Please look back at the one's I have talked about and the 43 new ones I took today!

Dave Z

Join The Swing To Kinsey

post-1964-14489814777698_thumb.jpg

Looks like a scene out of The Two Towers...Ents destroying Isengard.

Elizabeth Fraser & Ben Del Maestro - Isengard Unleashed (The Ents) Lyrics

Earth shakes,

Stone breaks

The forest is at your door

The dark sleep is broken

The woods have awoken

The trees have gone to war

Roots rend, wood bends

The Ents have answered the call

Through branches now the wind sings

Feel the power of living things

The trees have gone to war

Jono There is something Magical about the Plant for me I just keep wanting to go back and everytime I do I find something New to look at or take pictures of or save for History.

Those Pictures turned out so good i shall go back looking for more places and things.

I could start my Own Kinsey History room with Kinsey stuff!

Dave Z

Kinsey The Uhurried Whiskey

A Sense of Place

By William R. Ferris

"Each of you carries within yourself a "postage stamp of native soil," a "sense of place" that defines you. It is the memory of this place that nurtures you with identity and special strength, that provides what the Bible terms "the peace that passeth understanding." And it is to this place that each of us goes to find the clearest, deepest identity of ourselves."

A Sense of Place

By William R. Ferris

"Each of you carries within yourself a "postage stamp of native soil," a "sense of place" that defines you. It is the memory of this place that nurtures you with identity and special strength, that provides what the Bible terms "the peace that passeth understanding." And it is to this place that each of us goes to find the clearest, deepest identity of ourselves."

Jono you are so right when I go there I am taken back to days of a simple and happy time I think going back there is Gods way of giving me peace in such a troubling times. Walking in the Old Dsp-Pa. - 10 barn on Sunday I was amazed to see really Old time explosion proof switches even there. There was a home made light stand made of pipes with a sealed expolsion proof cover on it when I pulled the cover off it was still totally dust free inside even though parts of the roof are gone and it is wide open on one side. Inside it looked like new. I brought home the white ceramic fixture to mount my 70+ yr old 300 watt bulb Edison type in from the old Bottle house on the fixture it said up to 600 watts. Fricky is going to make me a stand for it and I will take a picture when I get it back.

I found an old Ink brush for stensiling the Barrel heads the Kids had just thrown on the floor not even knowing what it was so it came home for history too. I went in the old Maintance barn and I could almost see Shorty Tyson and Frank Curtas there at work in those old cold rooms with no heat but a radiator on the Barn wall in the front. I walked over to where Dicky used to fix the 1941 Ford trucks and could almost hear him cusing them as the guys really hammered them!

In the Lunch room I could almost see Mr Marshal working the Water Distilling equipment. And I sadly saw the old Soda machine had been thrown over by Kids who know nothing of the place!

Many an ice cold 8 oz A treat soda I had from that machine and they were really good soda's not the type of today! I saw an old torn up Cigarett Tax paper from the old Cig machine laying on the floor and found some old papers about the new raise they got in 1979 which I will scan and postsoon.

For me it is Country fields take me home to the place that I love Kinsey Distillery!

Dave Z

Join The Swing To Kinsey

Jono you are so right when I go there I am taken back to days of a simple and happy time I think going back there is Gods way of giving me peace in such a troubling times. Walking in the Old Dsp-Pa. - 10 barn on Sunday I was amazed to see really Old time explosion proof switches even there. There was a home made light stand made of pipes with a sealed expolsion proof cover on it when I pulled the cover off it was still totally dust free inside even though parts of the roof are gone and it is wide open on one side. Inside it looked like new. I brought home the white ceramic fixture to mount my 70+ yr old 300 watt bulb Edison type in from the old Bottle house on the fixture it said up to 600 watts. Fricky is going to make me a stand for it and I will take a picture when I get it back.

I found an old Ink brush for stensiling the Barrel heads the Kids had just thrown on the floor not even knowing what it was so it came home for history too. I went in the old Maintance barn and I could almost see Shorty Tyson and Frank Curtas there at work in those old cold rooms with no heat but a radiator on the Barn wall in the front. I walked over to where Dicky used to fix the 1941 Ford trucks and could almost hear him cusing them as the guys really hammered them!

In the Lunch room I could almost see Mr Marshal working the Water Distilling equipment. And I sadly saw the old Soda machine had been thrown over by Kids who know nothing of the place!

Many an ice cold 8 oz A treat soda I had from that machine and they were really good soda's not the type of today! I saw an old torn up Cigarett Tax paper from the old Cig machine laying on the floor and found some old papers about the new raise they got in 1979 which I will scan and postsoon.

For me it is Country fields take me home to the place that I love Kinsey Distillery!

Dave Z

Join The Swing To Kinsey

Another thing I have thought about is how very much Continental was ahead of others at the time I worked there. The new 1966 Bottling house when it opened was the Largest most modern Bottling house in America. It had 11 lines running 16 hours a day 5 days a week and about 450 to 500 people working in there on 2 shifts.

We had Millions of Gallons of Tankage and many lines going in from outside to make many products at the same time. Also our Warehousing for the filled cases was right in the same building as it is so big and our shipping to handle 3 Rail Cars and 4 or 5 trucks at the same time all in one Building. It was what today is common everything on a single floor building! Publicker back in those days under Mr Si Neuman was the most inavative company you could work for! And as I have said many times how many people made $101.20 a week back then clear after taxes! They were great times back then and I wish so many times I could go back to revisit those days!

Dave Z

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink old hickory

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Well The weekend is coming and I am hoping to go to Kinsey on Sunday if the weather holds out. this morning I was thinking about after Mr Neuman built the Distillerys in Scotland what a blessing it was here not just the Bottling at Kinsey of Scotch but It meant we could reuse the Whiskey Barrels over there instead of Throwing them away as we had, which gave us jobs of Tearing them apart and other things we had not done before! One of the jobs I did when I was in the Warehouse gangs was to paint over the Information on the top Head of Barrels that were emptied. We would Leave the Continental Distilling Phila Pa on there but paint white Paint on the rest of the head with a very large brush one wipe covered the top and it dryed fast. Then the Cooper would take the Barrel apart and someone else would band the heads together and the staves in bundles together.

They would be skided and taken to Phila by truck or train car then loaded on one of Continentals 10 ocean liners and taken to Scotland! I was very Lucky two years ago to find laying in the Field one of those Scotch Heads broken and had a friend at work put it back together. I knew as soon as I saw it where kids had thrown it that it was a Scotch head as I saw the Heavy White paint on its pieces, broken in 4 pieces. To my amazment It was dated for 1967 to about when I worked at Kinsey for a year, and I turned 20 years old my friend put it back togther with allot of work and you can still read all the information on it, Date of Filling date of Entrance.

It is a real treasure for me. Mr Neumans Idea of Reusing the Barrels for Scotch back then is something done all the time now for Scotch and Continental was one of the very first to ask Government Permission to do this. His idea gave us new jobs at Kinsey and also was good in that we were reusing something instead of throwing it away!

There again was an example of Publicker being ahead of the rest, they were so inovative I would have never thought then that they would be gone someday. Leaving my Kinsey Distillery in Ruin!

Dave Z

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

Kiney The Unhurried Whiskey

When I was at Ludys house this week He showed me a old Kinsey Pay Ledger from when He worked there after Mr Kinsey went Bankrupt A friend od Ludys saved this and years later gave it to him if you look on the two Pages you can see Harold Ludolph on the pages and his pay for that week in 1937. If I get there again soon I will get some better shots as I went out today and bought a higher end Digital camera and I am going to Kinsey tomorrow to test it. I got a Nikon P-80 Coolpicx Zoom Digital 10.1 Pixels so it should give me better shots then my old Nikon Digital with 5.1 Pixels!

Picture One Jan 21 1937 the second name down is Ludy and his pay for that week in 1937 was $12.00

Picture two is not good so I will try again later. but at least you can read one. This was Mr Kinsey's Pay book from all those years ago.

Dave Z

post-1964-14489814781495_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814781885_thumb.jpg

I went to Kinsey today with my New Nikon Digital Zoom Camera and got almost 200 pictures which I will be posting here, the Bottle house and on the Fire Observation Tower Threads. I found something back it the woods I had completly forgotten was there if you look on the 1980 Aerial brosure of the Plant Looking to the back there seems to be a big tank out in the woods well there was back then. today Because of People taking pipes and as they did cutting a path through the woods I found the place way at the back where The tanks must have been back then in a fenced in area but they are gone now but the room and the Giant Cummins Engine to power the Pumps is still there I climbed over the wall and went into the room. I was amazed either this was built after I left or I just Plain forgot it. Most likely Forgot it. This is at the very end as you go toward the steer Pens you turn left and it runs along the game lands line. It is a giant cement pad big as a tennis court fenced in on a wall that goes all around it.

Where The Tanks or Tank went I will never know but all that remains is the small room like a bunker with heating tubes with the Cummins Engine and the wall and fence and pipes going out into the fenced cement floor area.

It is hard to believe that they went to all this to make sure to prevent Fires!

I will be posting all week here and on the fire thread I have at least 160 pictures yet everything from the Old Bottle House to the 1966 Bottle house which I was in today and will post those in the Bottle House thread.

One more thing the building had heat elements in it, to have this building Heated ment they ran Heating pipes all the way to it more then a mile, maybe mile and a half or more. There were heat pipes running along the field till this summer when the guys that do stuff there for the guy that owns the place cut them up, pipng heat down there all the way from the front to heat the room for safety pretty Cool. On one of my threads way back I had pictures of the very pipes going there yet could not see the fire saftey Bunker or walled in area do to heavy tree and weed growth that summr day. The second to last picture is looking back at the Plant and you can just see the top of Building T and building #38 in the distance that is how far out this is, then a fire Hydrent going back toward the plant on the last picture.

I also got some great shots of the small room Dickie worked on the trucks at, now that the weeds have died down. And I brought home the Old Light shade from his light in there as it was laying there fallen down and I have a picture of it too!

Dave Z

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

post-1964-14489814782423_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814782858_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814783319_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814783726_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814784124_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981478453_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814784926_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814785325_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814785735_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814786009_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814786275_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814786684_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814787138_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981478757_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814788009_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814788415_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814788846_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814789275_thumb.jpg

Dave,

I've enjoyed reading all of your accounts on Kinsey. After looking at all of your pictures, I used Google Earth to find where Kinsey is, and I've attached some screenshots from the aerial view.

I can even see where you were most likely standing for some of these outside shots.

If you haven't used Google Earth, you might be able to use it now to plot different areas you have photographed, and maybe it will spur new adventures.

Thanks for sharing everything, and I look forward to more entries.

post-3718-14489814789553_thumb.jpg

post-3718-14489814789909_thumb.jpg

post-3718-14489814790289_thumb.jpg

Dave,

I've enjoyed reading all of your accounts on Kinsey. After looking at all of your pictures, I used Google Earth to find where Kinsey is, and I've attached some screenshots from the aerial view.

I can even see where you were most likely standing for some of these outside shots.

If you haven't used Google Earth, you might be able to use it now to plot different areas you have photographed, and maybe it will spur new adventures.

Great aerial shots thanks lohssanami! Thanks so much! I spoke to an engineer at work today and showed him the Pictures of this spot I found and he said it was the Main Pump station to bring water from down at the river to the Back water tower. That is why it is so hard to get into as They only went there when the tank needed to be filled up all the way and the Fireman Cal Robers would have done that. They also had a inlet on the river at the front and it is my thinking that they filled the front water tower by way of the Fire house. But this one is the biggest one in the plant and may well have done all the water tanks. Sure was alot of miles of Pipe it turned at the Scale House and traveled down to the Back tank.

Dave Z

Dave,

Just a quick note for those that do not know the biggest building in the aerial Pictures 2 & 3 is the 1966 Bottling House even in a aerial Picture it is giant in size. In its day it was a power House for Bottling Whiskies and Gin's and every type of Spirit! When it was operating it was amazing to walk in there and see so many people around 450 + busy doing stuff and so much stuff coming off the Lines!

Dave Z

Here are some more Pictures starting with a couple from the Government Building O and then the rest walking toward the front of the Plant. The Next set I will put up will be the old Buildings out front I will put some of those shots here tomorrow.

Pictures are

1. O Government Building main staircase walking into the Plant from out back.

2. O Building Lunch and Break room & 2. A is Water Distilling room at Building O

3. Looking down at the warehouse going front from O building

4. Looking Toward the Back of the Plant from O Building

5. Shot of the back side of O Building

6. Great Shot walking down the steps on the bank from O building of the Complete 1966 Bottling House, now that winter has come and the weeds are dying This shot really shows how long this building is!

7. Incoming Whiskey Tanks at far side of Bottling house

8. Front Water Tower

9. Old 1958 Ford sitting abandon under the graffiti it says Continental Distilling Corp Linfield Pa!

10 Warehouse L

11. 1958 Ford sitting

12. Stainless tank sitting on its side

13. Front Water tower

14. Bottling House Power room next to Bottling house mantaince across from Case Warehousing inside.

15. Water Tower in front Looking from beside old Warehouse H

Hope these Pictures are enjoyable for the Most part except when the Sky Darkened they turned out pretty Good with my New Nikon, I will Post more tomorrow!

Dave Z

It seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

post-1964-14489814838897_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814839208_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814839616_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814840007_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814840404_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814840791_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814841207_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981484162_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814842031_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814842424_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814842839_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814843525_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814843959_thumb.jpg

post-1964-1448981484437_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814844631_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814845056_thumb.jpg

Just a quick Note I just got off the Phone with Ludy and He told me the 1966 Bottling House was as long as two Football fields or around = 600 Feet Long. He was thinking about it as I told him how very Big it is and I had been in it again and He said he was pretty Sure that was how long it was across the front from one end to another. As the other warehouses were it was totally Explosion proof and He worked in it Many years from about when it opened in late 1965 till Fall 1980 in mantaince.

Dave Z

Here some good pictures taken Sunday at the front of the Plant!

Pictures are

1.Front of 1966 Bottling house

2. Last Grain Building before grain went to the #12 Still

3. & 4. Old Plant Mantaince Barn

5. Old Grain Drying Building Where Charlie Kept his Buggy

6. Looking at the Old Kinsey Bottling House roof now having fallen down and knocked the Wall down too

7.Kinsey #10 Rye Barn

Note Picture 10 is looking out from the Back of Dickie Peifers shop Picture 12 is the back door out it goes between the Old Warehouse A wall and the front door there is into old Warehouse A built in 1892.

8,9,10,11,12 These are Pictures of the Shop where Dickie Kept all the trucks and cars running He even put Motors in them here! It is a space Between the old Kinsey A&B Warehouses and the #10 Rye Building. I have a good many Pictures yet of the #10 Barn and Maitaince Barn and the Old Kinsey Bottling House which i will Post tomorrow here!

Dave Z

Join The Swing To Kinsey

post-1964-14489814879427_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814879828_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814880219_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814880637_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814881061_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814881491_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814881915_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814882323_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814882735_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814883146_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814883536_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489814883954_thumb.jpg

Dave, you must be quite happy with the new camera! Nice shots...I like the guardian fire extinguisher standing at attention.

Were the old buildings left to fall down while the plant was operating in the new facilities? Most of them appear too far gone to rehab...those would have been the ones to save for a future distillery tour.