50 bucks

upstate
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

found a new liquor store that has a tremendous selection, own barrel of ETL, all WT, some PVW RHF, you name it. Im going with 50 bucks how should I spend it. The best single bottle, 2 mids what do you think, Remember i am a noob and have had only a handful of some of the midshelfers.

Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel & ETL would be good choices for a total of under $50. William Larue Weller or PVW 15 year would be great single bottle choices under $50...

If I only had fifty bucks, go for value. As much variety as you can get as well. ETL and ER101 get my vote.

Depending on prices in your area this might put you just above $50. But I would recommend WT RB (a very good rye heavy bourbon) and Old Weller Antique (a wheater, and a damn good bargain for the 17 bucks in my neck of the woods.)

for fifty bux, i'd go with PVW 15 and heavan hill 10yr. a daily pour, and a sunday whiskey

for fifty bux, i'd go with PVW 15 and heavan hill 10yr. a daily pour, and a sunday whiskey

How much is PVW15 in Wyoming? It is $50-$60 here, if you can even find it here...

found a new liquor store that has a tremendous selection, own barrel of ETL, all WT, some PVW RHF, you name it. Im going with 50 bucks how should I spend it. The best single bottle, 2 mids what do you think, Remember i am a noob and have had only a handful of some of the midshelfers.

As someone "new" to bourbon, I would suggest a couple of mid shelfers. And then, a couple of more and a couple more, until you just can't stand it any longer and just Have to get one of those top shelfers. And if you just Have to, skip straight to the big boys!

Have fun!

Ed

Left with pvw lot b 12 yo. and $10 in my pocket. This is my first pvw, dont see a lot on the site about though. post my thoughts when I get a chance to taste.

Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel & ETL would be good choices for a total of under $50. William Larue Weller or PVW 15 year would be great single bottle choices under $50...

Sinc your a newbie, I'd go for two bottles. The ones above wpuld be great choices. If you want more of a contrast, substitute Old Grand Dad 114 for the ER.

You will not be disappointed with any Van Winkle, and that includes Lot B. You will have to live with your choice and I think you made a good one.

Left with pvw lot b 12 yo. and $10 in my pocket. This is my first pvw, dont see a lot on the site about though. post my thoughts when I get a chance to taste.

The VW Lot B is a fantastic bourbon. $40 is a little high but when you're sipping that "nectar", you won't care.

That extra $10 in change would go a long way towards a bottle of Old Fitzgerald BIB (100 proof, as it should be for bonded), one of my low-price favorites.

The VW Lot B is a fantastic bourbon. $40 is a little high but when you're sipping that "nectar", you won't care.

Actually, don't need to feel bad at all. You can't find Lot B here in S. FL for under $50 :frown:

-Kevin

How much is PVW15 in Wyoming? It is $50-$60 here, if you can even find it here...

$41.99 at the hop and vine, and the HH 10 being $8.99. so just a hair over 50 bux

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.