Holiday Gift Packs

johnrobe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's getting to be that time of year again! I'm seeing more than the usual number of liquor bottles packaged with various items (glasses, pitchers, flasks, etc.) as Christmas approaches.

The one that sticks in my mind is a 750ml bottle of Knob Creek packaged with a nice-looking metal flask (with Knob Creek etched on the front) for approximately $27.

So what have you seen?

One tip I will give everyone about holiday gift packs is that it has always been an article of faith in the industry that holiday gift packs should not carry an up-charge, i.e., they should cost the same as the product does without the add-on (the glasses, the flask). I mention this because some retailers view this as a chance to make a little extra profit. Even though the wholesale price they pay is the same, they up-charge at retail. Since most retailers do not do this, you usually can find the same item at the correct, lower price somewhere else.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

I thought that was the case about gift packs Chuck, although I wasn't sure. That $27 price tag on Knob Creek + flask is a few dollars more than they (Chuck Evan's Liquor, Bowling Green, KY) charge for just the 750ml bottle. I won't complain though. The reasons I occasionally hop across the border to KY are that they have an outstanding bourbon selection, there's no sales tax (vs. 8 1/2% in TN), and most of their prices are outstanding (eg. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel for $26, whereas it's around $40 everywhere else.)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

J.R.

Gentleman Jack has just shown up in a gift pack with a nice pair of rocks glasses for $23.95. That is just a buck more than the same bottle by itself. I went ahead and bought one as a Christmas present for an old drummer/friend of mine. He just loves Jack Daniels!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

*New Sighting*- Evan Williams Single Barrel '91 with a pair of rather delicate looking rocks glasses. The price was exactly the same as the bottle only, and in this case EWSB is on sale this month for $17.95. Needless to say I snatched one up.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.