Jack Daniel's 1914 Gold Medal

johnrobe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

FYI

I got this in my e-mail box today:

"It's been three years since the Jack Daniel Distillery released a commemorative decanter. Since the release of the 1913 Gold Medal bottle in 1998, we've received several questions from friends about when the seven-decanter Gold Medal series was going to continue.

We're pleased to announce that the 1914 Gold Medal bottle is now available in stores throughout the country. The fourth in a series of limited-edition bottles recognizing the gold medals awarded to the Jack Daniel Distillery, the 1914 Gold Medal decanter is filled with the same fine, charcoal-mellowed Tennessee Whiskey that earned the Gold Medal at the Anglo-American Exposition of 1914 in London. "

photo attached

To my knowledge all of the commemorative bottlings of Jack Daniel's contain a higher proof whiskey, many of them 94 proof.

post-40-14489811034386_thumb.jpg

John,

The JD 1914 Gold Medal bottle has been out awhile. Saw it last Christmas in Tenn. I'm warming up to the Gold Medal collection because the bottles are very nicely done. There are slight variations in proof with other special bottles (Barrelhouse 1 at 94 proof and Tenn. Bicentennial, 96 proof). But I believe the gold medals may all be 90 proof.

There are other JD collectables like the Maxwell bottle (export), a 125th anniv. decanter, a River Boat bottle, an Inaugural bottle and several more I can't remember at the moment.

Omar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

J.R. & Omar,

I chanced upon a bottle of the 1914 London Gold Medal edition of Jack Daniel's and for some unknown reason bought it. It is very nice looking but, $29.95 for a 90 proof version of Jack Black in a fancy bottle is not what I'd call a smart purchase. I really must stop going to the ABC store when I'm sober.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 9 months later...

Some news for Jack Daniel's whiskey aficionados...

The fifth bottle in the commemorative Gold Medal series has been released, at least in its home state of Tenn. Like previous JD medal bottles (1904, 1905, 1913, 1914), it's 90 proof and comes in an elegant decanter type bottle.

Omar

• 4 weeks later...

omar, have you seen the 1915 bottle anywhere as of yet? Me and Chris have been looking and haven't found it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.