Where do you most enjoy drinking your favorite bourbon and why?

GBaxter
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What locations (be it at home, at a particular bar or restaurant, or any other location/s outside of home) do you most currently enjoy drinking your current favorite bourbon and whisky and please say why, for each location named.

If this has been discussed before (here or elsewhere), please give any links.

I most enjoy sipping bourbon in Bardstown with all my friends from this site, but when I must drink elsewhere, I really enjoy being out back on the deck at sunset in early fall with a tall pour of bourbon and a fine cigar.:bandit:

I mostly enjoy it at home... where the selection is best and there are no concerns about safe driving.

To me, there is nothing better than an evening with friends or family on the deck or in our home bar while enjoying a good pour and good conversation.

While I do most of my bourbon drinking at home, my best time is in the clubhouse bar after a round of golf. Nothing better than having a drink with a group of your friends while collecting/paying the bets.

MikeR

At home, its cheaper and the selection is better. I don't have to worry about driving home. I do go out occasionally but socializing is the main focus not the drink in my hand. I don't drive drunk but I know darn well there are times I'm over the ridiculously low legal limit of .08. The prospect of getting a DUI keeps me home as much as all the cigarette smoke floating around in most bars.

My favorite place is in my family room, by the fireplace, on Saturday nights with "Hockey Night in Canada" about to air. Six hours of bourbon and pucks doesn't get much better for this ole boy...

My favorite is at home, specifically sitting in front of my pc or, in the summer, on the porch, usually ~ midnight. I prefer home because in addition to a good selection of bottles and the fact that I don’t have to drive anywhere my home lacks something that just about every bar has; lots of people and noise.

The computer offers a nice lcd screen that usually has tv or a movie going on it along with some 5.1 speakers and a crt that I can use to browse the web if whatever I’m watching starts to bore me. Occasionally I play a game but I usually don't because I need both hands to play so I can't hold the glass and the bourbon gets cold.

The porch offers peace and quiet plus it’s dark and occasionally some deer will walk by or sit in the grass and watch me sip and smoke. If I’m drinking a beer rather than some bourbon I’ll usually pour some out for them but I don’t think they come over and drink it after I go inside like they do in my imagination.

1) Dawn's House - Great bourbon and great friends

2) My hot tub - Great bourbon and great wife (probably should put this number 1, but since my wife doesn't read the board and I currently don't have an open Pappy 20 Dawn's is #1 <G>)

3) At my computer during Thursday and Sunday chats - great bourbon and great conversation

With my friends on Wednesday afternoons and a couple times a year in Louisville and Bardstown.

Joe :usflag:

1) Dawn's House - Great bourbon and great friends

2) My hot tub - Great bourbon and great wife (probably should put this number 1, but since my wife doesn't read the board and I currently don't have an open Pappy 20 Dawn's is #1 <G>)

3) At my computer during Thursday and Sunday chats - great bourbon and great conversation

:blush: :blush: :blush:

1) My house with friends ;) ;)

2) Bettye Jo's house - on her deck with Dane cooking his ravioli

3) Gazebo - mostly because of the company :)

4) General Nelson - again, mostly because of the company :)

5) Rancastle's house outside by the firepit!

It's All Good :)

Dawn

I have two perfect rooms in my house where much bourbon is enjoyed. The first is an enclosed porch that over looks the lake. It's completely made of wood left over from several jobs with mahogany on the ceiling, floor, wainscoating, trim and oak on the upper walls. It's very rich and warm and I installed an old victorian gas fireplace. A victorian gentleman's chair, several gothic chairs, old wooden desk and a mahogany bookcase, filled with nautical and iceboating books, are the furnishings. The room is filled with toys, including two old rifles, a civil war revolver, Japanese Nambu, African blow-gun, RC sailboat, 1938 Evenrude Elto Pal, metal detector, my riverboat captain's uniforms, many of my house designs framed and a dozen framed old post cards of Bantam Lake, to name a few things and of course an old bee-hive radio. The other room is an enclosed back porch, connected to the dining room, that over looks the back yard. There is a large walnut center table, a rocker and a large hand carved teak chair from Indonesia, carved for Oscar Hammerstein II son. I also installed another victorian gas fireplace against the tiled opening of a victorian mantel. I keep my favorite bourbons on top of the mantle displayed with several glasses. This is the greatest spot to watch the snow falling outside, listen to music and sip a fine bourbon late at night. Why... because as most SB members have...a selection of bourbons at home that local bars and spirit shops could only dream about during a full moon let alone supply..."Pappy who?? " "We have JD!" To put it in another perspective the local chew and choke gets $5 for a shot of MM or $125/bottle + tip and to twist the knife more they get the same for JBWhite...Hold on let me pour another PVW20...wait for it...oh yeah there we go didn't spill a drop and it was only $3.50.

I do not have a drinking problem.

Well, Empty Glass, one thing is sure, you don't have a problem finding a nice place to drink!

Ed

1. My favorite place to enjoy bourbon is the bar I built in my house. The selection is great, the price is right, I love the atmosphere, 3 TV's, good music.

2. The next place I enjoy it is a fine little jazz bar in Saratoga NY, 9 Maple. If any of you ever get to Saratoga, look it up.

I have a dark-pannelled basement that sports a full bar and a couple of thousand jazz records. The walls are covered with paintings I've done of smoky nightclub scenes. Sipping a bourbon while listening to Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane or Bill Evans is a simply perfect way to relax and unwind.

1. My favorite place to enjoy bourbon is the bar I built in my house. The selection is great, the price is right, I love the atmosphere, 3 TV's, good music.

"TV" and "good atmosphere" is an oxymoron.

"TV" and "good atmosphere" is an oxymoron.

It may be, but what mine says is "I Love" the atmosphere. This is about where I enjoy bourbon and why. Settle down Beavis...

At home after work. Helps get me over dealing with loony people all day. Either on my comp or in the command chair (big overstuffed recliner, everyone should have at least one). Best when the wife works late.

Glass is empty, 'scuse pleese........

At the poker table in what my wife still naively believes is the dining room. I always have bourbon available for anyone who wants 3 fingers and a cube. Usually a big bottle of Buffalo or Elijah 12 (if I have something richer, I usually keep it to myself).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.