a gotta have whiskey?

straightwhiskeyruffneck
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

i dont know about you guys, but there are a few whiskies i just really need to have. most of witch are not readily available. atleast not to me. i would really like to have some sw whiskey before its gone, pappy 15 and 20. maybe some A.H hirsh and both of the four roses expressions. but mostly blantons straight from the barrel, only available duty free. well WT tribute would be good too

i dont know about you guys, but there are a few whiskies i just really need to have. most of witch are not readily available. atleast not to me. i would really like to have some sw whiskey before its gone, pappy 15 and 20. maybe some A.H hirsh and both of the four roses expressions. but mostly blantons straight from the barrel, only available duty free. well WT tribute would be good too

www.binnys.com

They have AH Hirsch($69.99), Pappy 15($44.99) and Pappy 20 ($89.99). The WT Tribute isn't listed on their site, but it would probably be worth asking Brett, they have more than a couple of things that aren't on their site. Four Roses....sounds like a great excuse to go to KY! From what I've heard I would leave the Blanton's straight from the barrel alone to avoid disappointment. If you can get the gold, get that, it's fantastic.

A gotta have for me? The Wild Turkey Master Distiller Select. Damn sending these bottles to Japan, they need to send them to Australia!

Scott

Brother, I feel your pain. I have list of bourbon's that are not typically found in VA. I use the word "typically" to really mean almost not at all. For instance, tonight I was able to remove another item from my list; Old Charter Proprieter's Reserve. A month ago, I found a bottle of Wathens and a week after that, A bottle of WLW '06 and Wild Turkey Tribute (both found in MD). I have been very fortunate. I talked to the VA ABC store manager this evening and he said that VA is trying to bring in a better selection of top shelf/small batch/single barrel offerings due to demand. I'm on the hunt right now for Old Rip Van Winkle 15 YO and believe I have a line on a number of bottles.....keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

www.binnys.com

They have AH Hirsch($69.99), Pappy 15($44.99) and Pappy 20 ($89.99). The WT Tribute isn't listed on their site, but it would probably be worth asking Brett, they have more than a couple of things that aren't on their site. Four Roses....sounds like a great excuse to go to KY! From what I've heard I would leave the Blanton's straight from the barrel alone to avoid disappointment. If you can get the gold, get that, it's fantastic.

A gotta have for me? The Wild Turkey Master Distiller Select. Damn sending these bottles to Japan, they need to send them to Australia!

Scott

Scott, what about the Blanton's Silver? I'm headed out of the country in a couple of weeks and will be looking for that. Ideas?

The Binny's prices quoted are very good... particularly for the Hirsch.

Binny's prices are very reasonable but you must consider the cost of shipping. I found out today that I can special order the AHH 16 for $89 from the VA ABC store. Binny's price of $69 is excellent for that bourbon.

Scott, what about the Blanton's Silver? I'm headed out of the country in a couple of weeks and will be looking for that. Ideas?

I have had a couple of bottles of both the Gold and the Silver. I think I prefer the Silver, but of the two bottles of Gold that I had, one was absolutely Stellar and the other merely excellent. As a matter of fact I just retired both a Gold and a Silver a few minutes ago.

I have had two bottles of Straight From the Barrel and liked, no loved, them both. The first drink I had of it at a bar, I didn't care for it. It tasted musty-corky. My first bottle had some of that to. Then I decided to think 'earthy' insead of 'musty' and suddenly it was great. I used a lot of that bottle as an ingredient in Manhattans, not as the base whiskey but to add some ummph to the cocktail. Around the last third of the bottle I realized that I liked it on its own to much to keep mixing with it. My current, soon to be retired bottle of this was wonderful. Nuff said.

Ed

I have a bottle of Blanton's Silver, but it is unopened (I'm just soooo not fun!)

I love the Gold, it's one of my favourites.

I can get Silver at a store in Australia, but it's $130 a bottle, part of the reason I haven't opened it. I got their last one, but they now have more stock, so it's something I may open when I have the funds to replace it. Right now I have a list of 20 bottles I want from Binny's so I'll put it on hold until I have them :grin:

Scott

I have had a couple of bottles of both the Gold and the Silver. I think I prefer the Silver, but of the two bottles of Gold that I had, one was absolutely Stellar and the other merely excellent. As a matter of fact I just retired both a Gold and a Silver a few minutes ago.

I have had two bottles of Straight From the Barrel and liked, no loved, them both. The first drink I had of it at a bar, I didn't care for it. It tasted musty-corky. My first bottle had some of that to. Then I decided to think 'earthy' insead of 'musty' and suddenly it was great. I used a lot of that bottle as an ingredient in Manhattans, not as the base whiskey but to add some ummph to the cocktail. Around the last third of the bottle I realized that I liked it on its own to much to keep mixing with it. My current, soon to be retired bottle of this was wonderful. Nuff said.

Ed

As I have the Original, Gold, Silver and Special reserve, I was thinking about trying to get the Straight from the barrel to add to them, but went off the idea when I had seen certain comments about it on here. Out of curiosity, what do you pay for a bottle of this in Japan Ed?

Scott

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.