Who's On First...?

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I really enjoy the posts from people who find vintage bottles (regular bottles but issued long ago). Many of these are still available on the shelves on the nation.

I was thinking recently it would be interesting to locate the first post on SB where someone asked about searching for such items, or indicated they found one and why it was special.

I know Doug and Roger and Tim were early proponents, and I was too, but I don't think any of us was the first.

I have searched in the past for this information but can't find it, and I confess I am not the best at using the search function.

Would any member of the board be willing to try to find this information? It might be someone who said he remembered the Frankfort Old Grand-dad and found it, or wished he could he could find it; it might have been about Michter's, or a rye whiskey.

Whomever he (or she) is, he deserves a toast for he really did start something.

Gary

Count me as one who's been inspired by the various dusty bottle threads. Hunting for obsolete bottles is fun, not to mention the tasting and comparison with current bottlings.

Whoever in the shrouded mists of time started the ball rolling, kudos!

- Kurt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.