What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter/Spring '07

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I wish I knew where I could find some Maker's Mark black wax that wasn't as expensive as buying from the Whiskey Exchange.

Yesterday I picked up some VWFR 13yo Rye, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2006, BTAC William Larue Weller 2006, Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo 107 (Frankfort), Henry McKenna 2002, Rittenhouse Rye BIB, Wild Turkey Rye, Canadian Club Sherry Cask and Laphroaig Quartercask.

Oh, and some dusties which I'll be posting on later.

Yesterday I picked up some... and Laphroaig Quartercask.

The Laphroiag 1/4 cask is one of my favorite Islay scotch whisky's! If you have never had it before you are in for a pleasant surprise!!!

I have not - I'm wrestling with myself to hold off opening it. I love both the 10 year and 15 year. I had hoped to find the cask strength, but was happy to find the 1/4 cask.

Currently I have Glenlivet Nadurra and Johnny Walker Blue open so I wanted to finish one before opening another.

I hear you Mark! I have to many open bottles as well. Guess there are worse things in life to have to deal with, huh?

I have not - I'm wrestling with myself to hold off opening it. I love both the 10 year and 15 year. I had hoped to find the cask strength, but was happy to find the 1/4 cask.

I couldn't stand the Laph 10yr old, but really liked the QC, Different animals IMHO!

The dusties I picked up are "Stitzel-Weller Bourbon" and I started a thread on them under the Collectibles section.

Currently I have Glenlivet Nadurra and Johnny Walker Blue open so I wanted to finish one before opening another.

Definitely pick up the CS if you come across it. I just picked up a bottle last week. Just think of the 10 on Steroids...nice Whisky. I enjoy the 10 and 15 as well. The QC is on my list.

I hear you Mark! I have to many open bottles as well. Guess there are worse things in life to have to deal with, huh?

aint that the truth.....

Been offline for a while, but finally got my new modem and am back.

To celebrate, I decanted a Warre's 1977 Vintage Port I found the other day for more than half off the going rate.

Yeah, I know it ain't whiskey, but it's still dang good.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!