Jameson Irish Whiskey

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Agreed regarding the value of the 12yr vs the NAS.

I also agree with Megawatt regarding the blandness of the NAS Jameson although I haven't tried it recently. I still much prefer it to other NAS blends like Grants, Bells, Dewars, etc.

Well, it is a question if you like the taste of the 12. Personally I find it too much, too much wax, sherry and wood. The blend gets it right - for me.

Gary

I'll admit that I'm starting to enjoy it more now that I've had four or five drinks from it. Took some getting used to the mildness, I guess.

Well, it is a question if you like the taste of the 12. Personally I find it too much, too much wax, sherry and wood. The blend gets it right - for me.

Gary

Jim Murray agrees with you from what I understand.

Well, it's all a question of taste. He does I know greatly admire too Jameson 12 and the other uncut pure pot stills. I find generally that their particular waxy taste needs cutting of some kind and the Jameson blend does a superb job at that. Still, I like some pot stills on their own, some Green Spot bottlings and also Jameson 15 years old which I've only had once or twice but was really good, velvety and rich.

Gary

• 3 months later...

Bought a bottle of Jameson 12 for St Paddy's day. It is lovely and one of the very best blended whisk(e)y's I have had. Absolutely smokes the NAS version!

Bought a bottle of Jameson 12 for St Paddy's day. It is lovely and one of the very best blended whisk(e)y's I have had. Absolutely smokes the NAS version!

Agree 100%!!! There is really no comparison between the two. Jameson 12 is one of my new favorites...

I read an article yesterday that Irish Whisky sales were up 20% last year in the USA. Lead by Jameson's 23% sales gain.

I read an article yesterday that Irish Whisky sales were up 20% last year in the USA. Lead by Jameson's 23% sales gain.

Thats good, I really like irish whiskey. I am mainly a scotch drinker, but like irish to mix it up a bit.

Thats good, I really like irish whiskey. I am mainly a scotch drinker, but like irish to mix it up a bit.

Interesting, where does bourbon fit? I hope, at least, somewhere in front of Vodka? :searching:

JOE

Interesting, where does bourbon fit? I hope, at least, somewhere in front of Vodka? :searching:

JOE

Are you kidding? Last I heard, vodka outsells all other spirits...

JOE

Well, I have not developed a pallet for bourbon at this time. I am going to Whiskyfest next month and will try some bourbons and see if I can get to liking them

Well, I have not developed a pallet for bourbon at this time. I am going to Whiskyfest next month and will try some bourbons and see if I can get to liking them

A great place to start your exploration of Bourbonia! I hope you'll share your thoughts on your discoveries, upon your return.

:toast:

JOE

I'm siding with Gary. I think the NAS is much better than the 12 yr. More flavor and balance. The NAS Jameson has improved significantly in recent years.

I'm siding with Gary. I think the NAS is much better than the 12 yr. More flavor and balance. The NAS Jameson has improved significantly in recent years.

Actually, I think the NAS Jameson is younger whiskey these days, around 4 years old or so. I'll take the 12 year!

More flavour? Really? I must have got an off-bottle, because mine had hardly any flavour at all to speak of...

I am not sure why some people feel that the NAS has more flavor than the 12 year. In my opinion, it is not even close. The 12 is much more complex than the NAS stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.