"Muslim world's first 20-year whisky"

sysrick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't know that I would want to try that.

You shouldn´t worry too much. I think you have to go to Pakistan in order to sample it.

If I remember right, they are not allowed to export the whisky.

I´ve been trying to desperately to find any expression of Murree ever since I read about it in Murray´s complete book of whisky, but no luck. My connections in Pakistan is severely limited, I´m afraid.

• 1 month later...

Well that sucks. I was in Pakistan a couple of years ago and didn't even think to look for spirits (although I did buy furniture and rugs). I hate that hindsight is 20/20

• 1 month later...

Because it is forbidden to export it we can`t get it anywhere but i`m busy to get it from the Pakistan embassy in The Hague Holland,coz it is a part of Pakistan only on another continent but it is still Pakistan.I`ve written this excuse to the ambassador and now i wait for an answer if it is possible to buy it on their embassy,it`s worth a try isn`t it?:lol:

"Muslim Whisky"...isn't that an oxymoron?

The article states:

....."officially been catering for the three per cent of Pakistan's population that comprises of the non-Muslim communities of Christians, Hindus and those of Mr Bhandara's Zoroastrian faith."

I didn't think Hindus drank. I know nothing of the Bhandara's Zoroastrian faith. I can't imagine it is a very friendly place for Christians. Probably not much in the way of Christmas or Easter celebrations but at least you can still get a drink! That is If you don't mind openly identifying yourself as a Christian!

My experience is that a lot of Muslims drink as well ,only they do it secretly after all they are humans.And if anyone is afraid for being ruled by Muslims,i know some Cristian-fundamentalists in villages nearby my hometown as well,and i don`t feel very comfertable there as i try to buy a drink on sunday,if anything is opened that is.Fact is the Pakistan whisky seems to be very good and if i get it i`ll surely will try!Eric.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.