Lynchburg Lemonade

heatmiser
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just had my first Lynchburg Lemonade at a buddies house over the weekend. He uses the following recipe:

1 Part Jack Daniels

1 Part Triple Sec

1 Part Sweet & Sour Mix (homemade mix - awesome!)

4 Parts 7-Up

It was pretty good but I couldn't help wondering about ways to make it taste even better. Any thoughts or recommendations on different whiskey or a different recipe to make it better?

Yeah, make it with tequila, skip the 7Up, and call it a margarita.

:slappin:

Chuck, you be bad.

What goes into the Sweet & Sour mix? I have had a Lynchburg Lemonade before, and quite liked it.

Scott

Sweet & sour mix is just simple syrup plus lemon and lime juice in equal proportions. It differs from margarita mix in that the citrus in margarita mix is just lime. Google it to find a specific recipe.

As for modifying the taste of a Lynchburg Lemonade, the components are pretty simple and their contribution is pretty obvious. If you want to taste more whiskey, use more whiskey. If you want more "fizz" and a thinner drink overall, add more pop. If you want more sweetness and more lemon-lime, increase the sweet and sour. If you want more orange, increase the triple sec. If you want it to taste more like lemonade, make it with, here's a wild thought, lemonade.

Since the flavor of the 7Up is virtually the same as the sweet and sour mix, you probably could use one or the other, the sweet and sour only would give you more flavor intensity with no carbonation. The 7Up only would give you a light and more soda poppy drink.

If you want it to taste more like lemonade, make it with, here's a wild thought, lemonade.

I never had a clue there was anything to Lynchburg Lemonade other than Lemonade and Whiskey. I used to love, Jack and Lemonade and I am sure I probably still would, but probably would use bourbon or rye and not jack...

Either way if it is called ---- lemonade, it should have Lemonade in it IMO.

Either way if it is called ---- lemonade, it should have Lemonade in it IMO.

There is no Dog in a "Salty Dog" :cool: :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.