8 New Bourbon Warehouses...

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Possibly, 8 New Bourbon Warehouses, adjacent to the Beam, Booker Noe Distillery, in Boston, Ky are on the agenda....The application for re-zoning was presented to the commission.

See attached file for details.

Bettye Jo

The Kentucky Standard Online.pdf

Yeah I noticed that name to, I wonder if Willett is a bourbon family name of long ago.

I do know that KBD annouced a Willett Bourbon would be coming soon, but that was months and months ago.

I do know that KBD annouced a Willett Bourbon would be coming soon, but that was months and months ago.

I had some at the Chicago Whiskeyfest on Friday night. It is a 14 y/o barrel proof with a Willett's label. It is super, but I don't know when it will be released. Drew told me he is looking for someone to do a barrel buy for it.

Joe :usflag:

Evan Kulsveen, who started KBD, is married to a Willet daughter and operates out of the old Willett distillery. The Willetts weren't necessarily an ancient distilling family, but they go back a few generations. I'm sure the person mentioned is a local attorney hired for this and perhaps other local purposes. Being as Bardstown-Nelson County is a small community, a very old one, and predominently Catholic, families tend to be large and you see the same surnames all over the place, just like I do when I read my old parish newsletter from back home. In New Haven, an even smaller town south of Bardstown, something like a third of the population is a Beam relation. Other surnames from bourbon history abound, such as Mattingly, Ice, Dant, Hayden and many others.

• 3 weeks later...

What I assumed would only be a "formality" turned into a deal that would require a vote from Fiscal Court...Major expansion, millions of dollars spent and now they have nowhere to put it? I can only imagine the mess this will turn into if the court denies their application for rezoning.

The Kentucky Standard Online.pdf

I drove by the Noe plant the other day and they already have several new warehouses there. You have to look hard to even find the neighbors, but they are there. Most seem to be behind the plant on Mt. Moriah Road, whereas the new construction seems to be on the other side of Rt. 62.

The tax revenue for Nelson County is so great, I can't imagine it won't be approved.

One thing I noticed the other day is that although Boston is in Nelson County, it is but a stone's throw from the Bullitt County line, which is also incorporated Lebanon Junction. There is a big printing plant there, so presumably that area is already zoned industrial. I predict Nelson County will get the deal done, but the proximity to another jurisdiction probably gives Beam a little extra leverage.

I'm surprised Heaven Hill hasn't felt the need to join the warehouse building boom.

This is all unbelievable to me. The crews only work in them from about 8 am until 4 pm, they lock up and go home. They don't even work the same house each day and it can be months between the days they do work them. I really prefer that to a concentration of houses and all the attendant things that that would bring. I was talking to a fellow about this issue the other day and I asked him why in the world would anyone oppose it. For someone there also is a little prosperity coming with the building. He said it's just jealousy and I think that explains the whole thing. I bet the same land could easily be approved for single family homes. Do what I did, Buy Fortune Brands Stock, that changes the whole perspective.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.