'08 Kentucky Bourbon Festival

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

According to Pam Gover, director of the Festival, the 2008 edition will be held on the regular scheduled dates, September 16-21, 2008. The board considered the Ryder Cup conflict and decided not to reschedule.

As for alternative lodging, the Jailer's Inn (next to the Talbot Tavern) has six rooms and a large "back yard" surrounded by a high wall for Gazebo-like activities.

The Red Rose Inn is just east of the square downtown, has four rooms and a large common room on the first floor.

There are quite a few others.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm planning on bringing a pillow and blanket and sleeping on Cliff's bar.....

• 4 months later...

I just received an email from Bobbie at the General Nelson. The party who had reserved the entire hotel during the festival has failed to make timely deposits, so that deal has been terminated and she's open for StraightBourbon business for the 2008 Bourbon Festival. Get your reservations in.

Randy

Thanks Randy (and I hear in cyberspace somewhere a sigh of relief from Cliff). :)

Gary

I'm not sure I can cancel my current reservation.

I had 20 sq ft adjacent to the fireplace, next to the bar at Cliff's.

:slappin: :slappin:

Oh man.....I was looking forward to staying in Anna's room!

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm planning on bringing a pillow and blanket and sleeping on Cliff's bar.....

Must be because Col. Bettye Jo banned Dane from the Rubber Room! :slappin:

I'm not sure I can cancel my current reservation.

I had 20 sq ft adjacent to the fireplace, next to the bar at Cliff's.

:slappin: :slappin:

Oh no, who else will guard the Seattle Slew bottle brigade on the mantel? :grin:

Oh man.....I was looking forward to staying in Anna's room!

You can serenade us from Anna's balcony anytime, darlin'!!! :cool:

I started to reply in my ususal manner...but gave second thought :grin: :grin:

Rubber/room/Dane/apron...we don't wanna go there :lol:

Must be because Col. Bettye Jo banned Dane from the Rubber Room! :slappin:

HEY, my room is under the stairs NEXT to the rubber room. Some call it a closet? I called dibs on it when we first toured the Colonel's Quarters. It's big enough for me, my apron, AND next years Bourbon Taster of the Year Trophy....

I gave the GN a call today to see, due to the alleged default of the Ryder Cup occupants, if I could get my name moved off the waiting list onto a real reservation.

They said they were not taking reservations for Festival week yet, and would contact waiting list people when they were ready.

I wonder if they are trying to re-secure that Ryder Cup booking or keep themselves open for a replacement group booking?

Any leads on a replacement venue that is Gazebo tolerant? :)

Did you mention you are with SB, Mike? That should help unless they are full up already.

Gary

Nope, I didn't mention SB. I did mention that I stayed with them last month for the Festival and put my name on the written waiting list at that time. If the Ryder Cup had all or most of the motel booked, and then they defaulted, then I would think that the entire waiting list from last month would be in. The comment "we are not taking reservations from the waiting list yet" means to me that they may still be trying to score the Ryder Cup crowd instead of us, and use the existing waiting list as a fallback.

Anyone here actually get moved off the list into a room?

I got a room recently and was not on the list. I have no (special) pull there, I just identified myself as a SB member, I would try it. Also, ask for Bobbie, who runs the place, if you did not speak with her earlier.

Gary

I believe they are only taking reservations, at this time, for SB folks. We are fortunate to have Bobbie taking such good care of us!

JOE

Mike,

Its more likely that Bobbie is working from previous longstanding year after year reservations first.

Attendance at the sampler would not be given priority since most fall attendees put in their reservation a year ahead of time, as I did.

The Ryder deal was pending at that time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.