Heaven Hill...summer vacation shutdown

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In the past, some member's of this forum find it interesting seeing what goes inside a bottlinghouse :grin: :grin: :grin:

We shut down (bottling operations) the last full week of June and the first week of July so that the regular worker's can take a two week vacation...In turn, we install new equipment and do some much needed "timely" maintenance :grin: :grin: :grin:

For the next two weeks I will post what I'm doing...I usually work the night shift but have been moved to first to help get these jobs done :grin: :grin: :grin:

The back of the building is tore all to hell...We are adding a new bottling line and there are construction worker's all over the place...We work well together and keep our boundaries at close hand :grin: :grin:

We are adding two more robots. This will complete the upgrades to de-palletizer :grin: :grin: :grin: The entire department will be worked by robots...Each shut down we've added one...and...one more is on the way for the new line being built "out back" :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Lots of stuff to get done in two weeks...New cleaner on O-line, transfer line, case sealer and elevator on C-line, additional guards on capper's, and the list goes on and on. Each year I fret we won't get it all done...but somehow we manage to "pull it together" in the nick of time :grin: :grin: ...Pictures will follow :grin:

The first three pictures are taken from my parking space, shortly after sunrise this morning. Kinda different seeing it a quiet and empty...but not for long :grin: :grin:

I forgot my camera yesterday and missed a lot. A powerful storm came thur on Saturday night. Wind shear did a lot of damage to trees and to some of our warehouses. The fourth picture is a small view of one of the damaged iron clad warehouse....Tore sections off some and took the roof off of one!....Tin was everywhere, looked like a "war zone" when I pulled up Monday morning. They didn't waste much time cleaning up the mess and as you can see the roof is being repaired (you can see little people on top) :grin:

More to follow :grin:

post-20-14489813161819_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813162225_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813162628_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813163005_thumb.jpg

First week mid-week...Things are tore all to hell. We seem to have a "audience" all the time :grin: :grin: :grin: Questions, questions, and a few more questions :grin: :grin: The most common question? Do you think they will get it back together before vacation is over?...My response....we always do :grin: :grin:

The first two pictures are construction views of the new "high speed" line...I walked out on the shipping dock (porch) and snapped these pictures. It's very hot where they are...hard work, with no shade. The third picture is a pinpoint so that other's will know where this new line is located. That view is O-line 1.75 plastic line, the one in the very back of the bottlinghouse...see that door (yellow caution tape)...open it and you would see the guys in the "second picture"....

The next two pictures are the robot prints...The second set of blueprints (C-line) is what I have been working on since Monday...

The last picture is the "Huston we have a problem"...and yes, it was a problem but we managed to make adjustments and it's "just fine" :grin: :grin: now. We didn't know the measurements were off...the conveyor arrived the night before. Too late to turn back and order another...adjustments were made :grin: :grin: :grin: nothing that a little value guide won't fix :grin:

post-20-14489813163574_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813163846_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813164246_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813165218_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813165621_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813166005_thumb.jpg

This morning, they were setting up a tent over at the Bourbon Heritage Center...They are hosting a BBQ for the Bardstown Bourbon Society , this Saturday. http://www.bardstownbourbonsociety.com/members/featured.shtml?article=NzYzMXN1cGVyNzYyOHNlY3JldDc2MzU%3D

Jason Quinn, pulled his snazzy ride into the employee parking lot for all to tour :grin: :grin: :grin: When I finally made time to go out there to see it ... a storm was in progress :(

post-20-14489813166411_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813166823_thumb.jpg

Four days...disconnect power supply, rip out old machinery, install new :grin::grin::grin:

Here's the process from start to finish on one line. The print for this is in the first thread :grin::grin: it will not let me repost it.

1. The elevator in place...awaiting the conveyor to connect thru that square opening. It will connect to another conveyor on the other side. That conveyor leads to the palletizer.

2. Conveyor connected and secured.

3. Transfer line...

4. Transfer line connected and secured.

5. Outfeed from sealer to arm, crossover to elevator...

6. Huston's problem :grin::grin: but fixed in minimum time :grin:

7. All the dots connected and ready for the beast :grin::grin::grin:

8. My bosses looking over prints :grin::grin:

post-20-14489813168973_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813169379_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813169779_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813170174_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813170589_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813170985_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813171384_thumb.jpg

post-20-14489813171807_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.