McKendric Western Style Whiskey

ACDetroit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked this up yesterday. Have not tryed it yet, say its made in Abilene Texas.

Looks like an old style Whiskey Bottle with a leather swatch tied off with leather around the body of th bottle which reads;

"Naturally flavored and colored with wood oak and Mesquite chips (90.4 proof)

Has anyone had this stuff!!

A search will find some other posts about it. A few people who've tried it have liked it. Most have not. It's bulk whiskey somehow treated with mesquite.

It tastes a bit flat,has tones of dried fruit and its a bit smokey(woody?)perhaps a bit too young i don`t dislike it but prefer other whiskies.Its good for as a mixer.

Eric.

Thanks Eric,

Good to see you here! I have not opened this bottle yet. Any good cocktails with this stuff??

It`s a small world:grin: ,1 part McKendric,1 part applebrandy,1 part orange juice in a shaker with alot of ice,pour in a jockey or martiniglass and pour a dash of blue Curacaosyrup in the glass.After presentation stir and drink it cold.Nice on a warm summersday.

Eric.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.