KBF 2007 - Gazebo opening ceremonies

MikeK
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, where is everyone? ArtL and I marched out to the Gazebo tonight with a bottle of single barrel Pappy-15 in hand to declare the Gazebo officially open. The bottle is now dead, the ceremony therefore complete.

OK, who else is in town? We drove 1400 miles and no one's here to play with! We'll be back Wed. night after 'Racing with the Spirits', hope to have some company out there.

:toast:

Hey, where is everyone? ArtL and I marched out to the Gazebo tonight with a bottle of single barrel Pappy-15 in hand to declare the Gazebo officially open. The bottle is now dead, the ceremony therefore complete.

OK, who else is in town? We drove 1400 miles and no one's here to play with! We'll be back Wed. night after 'Racing with the Spirits', hope to have some company out there.

:toast:

Well Mike last year it wasn’t more than about 5 persons on the first and last day and only 2 made a full 5 day gazebo. None of them American.

Leif

Hey Mike. I think some folks start rolling in on Thursday night, with more on Friday, and the big one on Saturday. So, use these first few days as "warm-up" and, don't leave your best fastball in the bullpen! :)

Cheers, and look forward to meeting you there!

JOE

Sorry Mike, but I've found I can't run with the big dogs for a five night Gazebo marathon. I can handle a three day (Thur/Fri/Sat) sprint though. See all starting Thursday evening.

Randy

Yeah, I've played before, I know attendance builds over the week. I just felt the need to give you all grief! :)

OK, it's Wed. night and I still have no one to drink with. With the exception of the members I was drinking with earlier tonight at the Bistro, who are still probably there, you are all woosies. I'm headed out now to claim to Gazebo yet again for the Northern Heathens.

I've got 2 nights under my belt now, you've all got some serious catching up to do...

Cheers!

We're drinking Wild Turkey 12yo. It's outstanding! If you were here you could have some. A big honkin spider has taken up residence on the Gazebo. It looks like it's waiting to snatch up the first small Asian girl that walks by. We have named him... Dane

G'night y'all

Well I tried to get into the spirit of it all by checking into a Best Western...but their internet didn't work, so 20 minutes later I'm in a Days Inn...in Jackson TN...I'm on my way guys...

To drink...Evan Williams Black

Wow, got a spider named after me. I think I'm honored. Doug and I hung around last night until 10 and then called it in favor of being coherent tonight. Mark (Nebraska) made it in around midnight and we had breakfast this morning. BTW, Bobby has added scrambled eggs to her continental breakfast. This was a move to keep up with the competition who have done the same but it adds a lot to her workload keeping the breakfast open. Make sure everyone thanks her for this addition and let her know it is greatly appreciated.

I will be in town tonight. I am going to setup camp at the White Acres campground a little outside of town. If anyone else is staying there just look for the black Xterra with a MIGOFFROAD sticker on the back window. I have never been to the gazebo, but I am going to try to find it this year. I'll have a case of random bourbons and ryes with me and I am looking forward to meeting some of the straightbourbon folks. I am going to Jazz and Cigars Fest on Friday night and the Bourbon Breakfast on Sat. Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.