Old Joe

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whenever I visit Four Roses, I always remember that there used to be two distilleries there, outside of Lawrenceburg in Anderson County, near a railroad crossing called McBrayer. Both carried the Old Joe name at one time or another, but what's left of the original Old Joe is just west of Four Roses, around a little bend in the road. Behind the remaining distillery buildings is a rackhouse, the one that's right across the road from Four Roses, which is actually owned by Wild Turkey. Four Roses ages its whiskey in Nelson County at a place called Lotus.

post-5-14489813396318_thumb.jpg

Never knew it was there Chuck. Thanks for the insight. I'll look for it next time I'm there.

Joe :usflag:

I was told that Wild Turkey is going to quit using those warehouses across from Four Roses because they are too close to the water. The last thing Wild Turkey needs is another burning river problem.

• 4 months later...

Chuck,

Is this the same building pictured in Cecils book pg. 55. It looks like a portion of the original building is still standing with the concrete floor of the demo'd portion just to the right, in your shot.

It's the same scene from a slightly different angle. At a glance I'd say everything in the Cecil photo is still there, although I don't know when his was taken. Before 1999, obviously, but how much before it doesn't say.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.