Dickel Bottling

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have some more information about Dickel being bottled in Indiana, courtesy of Mike Veach. It seems that the Lawrenceburg, Indiana facility is not now owned by Diageo. It was purchased by a group of investors headed by John Allison, who was General Manager of Stitzel-Weller under Guinness, until it was closed. (Well, not entirely closed. Mike tells me there is still whiskey in the warehouses, and employees on hand to see to it.)

Allison et. al. have established an independent bottling operation at the Indiana plant. They bottle all of the 750 and larger bottles for Diegeo, but do not have the facilities for the smaller bottles, so Diageo sends those to their facility in Canada. That is why you see the 375 and 50 ml bottles with the Canadian label.

Barton was bottling Dickel for Diageo.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Canadian and Indiana bottlings carrying a Tennessee whisk(e)y label?

Lucky I really like Dickel or I'd point and laugh. Wonder if the Tennessee legal eagles are all that good natured.

i suppose that it would be okay as long as it was still being distilled & aged (at least 2 years for tennesseewhiskey, right?) for the right lengths in tennesee, to me its if they decide to make more new make in Indiana that gets iffy.

i suppose it would peeve me more if i was from tennesee though (Local pride n' all), similar when i found out that Sam Adams was Brewed in Cinncinnati & Rochestor (as apposed to the Boston area, where I grew up). . . . . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.