Great Site

DeWanzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just found this site, and I love it already.

I am currently buying Evan Williams Black.

Can anyone recomend a different Bourbon

in a comprable price range?

thanks

signed

DeWanzo

i wanna beat Linn to the punch. . . . .

WELCOME TO BOURBONIA!!!!!!!!

i just bought a bottle of Old Forester 86proof for less than Evan Williams Black Label costs at my liquor store, and its delicious smile.gif, thats my suggestion

TomC

Ya just found Bourbon Heaven. Brought to you by the "Butler Brothers". Anything that you want to know about it is here.

Bettye Jo

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Ahhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssss!

That was a great one-two combination Tom. smile.gif

You just can't go wrong with Old Forester.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Well DeWanzo you don't have to travel very far to upgrade from your everyday Evan Williams. For a couple more bux you can get Elijah Craig 12 year old/94 proof. Made by the same good folks at Heaven Hill that make your Evan Williams. It's the very same mashbill - just older and better tasting. Well worth the difference in price.

A short drive from Heaven Hill through beautiful downtown Bardstown is the Barton Distillery. Pick up some Very Old Barton's if you can find it. This will either cost no more than EW or be a buck cheaper.

Of course the Old Forester that Tom has already recomended. Great stuff at a great price.

Now kick back and enjoy yourself.

Linn Spencer

Welcome.

Another low priced alternative to EW is Old Fitzgerald Prime, also from Heaven Hill but a different recipe. You will find it milder than the EW.

The point of these suggestions is not that they are necessarily better than EW, but that part of the joy of bourbon is experimentation with different tastes and styles.

If you can't find Very Old Barton you might want to try Hiram Walkers Ten High, which is also from the Barton distillery. VOB is better, but Ten High isn't bad. There's always Jim Beam, too, which usually is in that same price range. Considering that both JB and EW are made by members of the Beam family, you may find it an interesting comparison.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

I'm not sure if there's anyone who owns more labels than Heaven Hill . They have some that they put on the same shaped bottles, some are very good drinkers Echo Spring, JTS Brown JW Dant Henry McKenna. And some would be excellent to use to wash paint brushes with, Old Bardstown, Cabin Still. They are all cheaper than EW. Welcome to the site.

Bobby Cox

My top recommendations would be Old Forester, Elijah Craig 12 year-old, and Wild Turkey. Each of these are different from each other and very tasty.

Tim

• 1 month later...

I too have just discovered this site - last night, in fact. I'm a long-time Cognac drinker who's discovered Bourbon is a wonderful compliment to a fine cigar.

Yeah! Just bought it tonight. I found a 1.75l of Bonded? 100 proof. It has a stronger taste than the Evan Black I have been drinking. But I like it. Can anyone explain Bonded to me.

thanks

signed

DeWanzo

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Yes DeWanzo! Chuck Cowdery can! Actually I can too. wink.gif I bumped the "Straight vs. Bonded" thread for you because it contains quite a bit of in depth discussion rather than my just pumping out a textbook definition. Enjoy.

Linn Spencer

Yeah Pill_Man WELCOME TO BOURBONIA!!!!!!!!!!!

here you will get some wonderful information and great conversation to go with that bourbon & cigar combo!

TomC

I will get in trouble, but I also love good cognac. I have pretty much switched to bourbon for tha past year or so, but I have some very nice cognacs, too. What do you like?

Tim

So far, my experiences in Bourbon have only been, Maker's Mark (red seal), Jefferson Reserve, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 years old.

Among my favorite Cognacs are: A. de Fussigny Cigar blend, Camus XO, Hine Family Reserve, and the one-and-only glass of Louis XIII I ever had (WAY out of my price range!).

Doug...

Ain't Life Grand?! ~

____________________ ~

(___<<M>>____________}}}

Ahh, I have never tried any of those cognacs. I am probably too middle of the road. My favorites that I currently have are a Remy-Martin XO and a Courvossier VSOP. I also love Remy-Martin VSOP, but I am out.

I also have about a third of a bottle of Grand Marnier 150th Anniversary (I know its not cognac, but it is made from cognac) that is simply wonderful. I've been working on that bottle for 12 years, so far. It is too expensive and too good to drink up all at once. smile.gif

Buy yourself a bottle of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit. I'm sure you'll love it.

Tim

Since this is of topic, I'll keep it brief. Gabriel and Andreau Bouderies (sp?) is my favourate cognac and it's at a very good price. I think Sam's still has it. I also love Grand Marnier (150th). It is my favorate liqueur. I opened my bottle when my only daughter was born, and only pour it once a year when we celebrate her birthday (We celebrated her 4th today!)

Well I celebrated my 23rd today so happy birthday to a gal with the best B-Day there is. I celebrated with Rare Breed!

Yummy,

Tom (Happy Birthday to . . . .) C

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.