Where exactly is that old distillery?

craigthom
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recent talk of ND bourbons got me really curious about the location of the Old Grand-Dad distillery. I know where Old Crow is, but I hadn't see this one.

I spent a half hour googling until my fingers were sore before finally giving up and starting this message. Then the light bulb appeared above my head and I found the right google string:

"Beam Brands" frankfort.

Sure enough, the address popped up.

3300 Georgetown Road, Frankfort, KY

I figured I'd go ahead and post the message in case anyone else ever wants to know. I've done the work to actually find these street addresses, so theirs no reason anyone else should have to do it again.

Here are a few more that are either closed or are at least not making whiskey. If there's a link (as above) it's a google maps satellite image.

Old Crow

3675 Mccracken Pike, Versailles, KY

Old Taylor

4305 Mccracken Pike, Versailles, KY

Stitzel-Weller/Diagio

3860 Fitzgerald Rd, Louisville, KY

(Just to confuse matters more the sign still says "United Distillers".)

I'll add more as I get them, but feel free to add your own.

The Old Grand Dad plant isn't hard to find. Just before you start down the hill on Wilkenson blvd. towards Buffalo Trace, you make a right at a traffic light and go a short distance. The plant is on the left and sits down in off of the road. The sign out front says Jim Beam-Old Grand Dad plant.

I checked it out for a while. Thanks for the post. It would be nice to have the same info from the 1940's or so. It would look alot different I imagine.

• 10 months later...

I was in one of the Seagrams warehouses in Shively last week. It's been converted for use by someone else. These brick warehouses were clearly built during the '30s, based on the Art Deco lettering and architectural flourishes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.