Oatmeal-Whit Chocolate Cookies w/ Habanero-bourbon infused Craisins

ACDetroit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have had these and would highly recommend them. They are Awesome with Coffee in the morning (really)!

Ingredients:

1 cup dried cranberries

6 tablespoons whiskey

1 teaspoon habanero chile powder

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, slighty softened

1/2 cup vegetable shortening

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

1 egg

3 tablespoons light corn syrup

2 cups white chocolate chunks

3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats

Directions:

Place the cranberries, whiskey and chile powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes or until the cranberries have absorbed most of the liquid. Set cranberries aside.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare several baking sheets with cooking spray or butter. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside. Use a mixer to beat the butter, shortening and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Add the egg and corn syrup and beat until fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Stir in the oats, cranberries and chocolate. Refrigerate the batter for at least 10 minutes. Drop the dough in tablespoon sized balls onto the baking sheets, spaced about 3 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a spoon.

Bake the cookies, one sheet at time, for about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

I may make another batch this weekend. Feel free to up the bourbon with the cranberries, I do.

AC

Looks like i found a menu for next saturday i`ve got chillipowder but what is habanero?If it`s a variety is the regular stuff also good enough?

Eric.

Looks like i found a menu for next saturday i`ve got chillipowder but what is habanero?If it`s a variety is the regular stuff also good enough?

Eric.

This is actually a good question, as even without a language barrier, you could mean different things.

You could mean a dried chile pepper that has been ground. In this case dried Habaneros.

Or this could be chili (the soup/stew) seasoning that happens to have habaneros in it.

Habaneros are the hottest chile pepper in the world, to answer Mier's question.

Sorry for the confusion! Like chilie powder but made the the hot Hebenaro peppers. If you can find Cayenne powder it could work as well. I have only used the powder but liquid may also work.

Eeic let me know what you think.

AC

Are they straight dried cranberries, or sweetened "Craisins"? I'm guessing the latter, which means a little sugar might need to be added if plain dried cranberries are used. Those things are really tart straight up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.