Gonna Be BBQing

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I got these to yummy lookin' 28oz Portehouses today for when we close on the house (yeah they are vaccuum sealed don't worry) cause after her cousin Marcus helps us move I promised him steak as a reward. I also got my first decent sized charcoal grill. And while I am a pretty mean griller, Marcus went to Cooking School and what he does with Red meat is a thing of beauty.(I dont even like red meat much usually, but i am getting hungry just thinking of the last steak he made me.). So we are looking for a good bourbon marinade to put the meal over the top.

Any Suggestions??

Tom (gotta cow waitin' to be cooked) C

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Tom a great pick that is not too expensive is Elijah Craig 12 y.o. 94 proof. Just mix 50/50 with bold & spicey A1 and marinate overnight in the 'fridge. It'll do ya proud every time! Bobby Cox soaked some hicory chips in a real cheap bourbon and water mix. That would give you a really nice smoakey char. I'm going to try that also this summer.

Distillery hands use the char right out of the barrel at the dumping shed. Now that's good stuff to grill with.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Indeed! The EC and A1 sound good, I have one that I have used with great success also , 10 tbls of bourbon,3 Tbls of worstershire sauce, 3 Tbls of Catalina dressing, 1 tsp of marishino cherry juice, dash of black pepper put in a one gallon zip lock bag with the steaks you will have to turn occasionally also i ripped the bag with a bone so I guess rubbermaid? enjoy we finished a creek rock BarBQue here and it is getting a work out . It's Brats tonite . the charcoal should be ready. BTW I did bbq pork ribs and needed a little bourbon for the sauce , knob creek Yessir! I needed an excuse to open it ,not bad not bad at all.

Bobby Cox

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bobby I hope you sampled the Knob Creek just to be sure it was of the highest quality! wink.gif

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

I did and it surprised me it is fine stuff . I guess it's the best they make , I do like Baker's. To be honest I didn't think I would like it as well as EC 12 . But I think it's a tad smoother. And I really like EC. Some of the things Beam does really defeats a good product , They barrell at the highest proof allowed and the thing about not moving it in the rackhouses,( the Regans say if it is deemed nessesary by the Master distiller ) I bet it isn't deemed nessesary very often. they claim a barrell off the top and one from the bottom will average a barrell from the middle. Probably okay for a production run ,what the hell someone's just gonna pour coke in it or soak hickory chips . I guess for those of us who know and like better we'll be lining up for the premium stuff.

Bobby Cox

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.