The "Hustler" Again!

SlowEddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We all know Eddy orders J.T.S. Brown during the "Hustler." And he gets drunk on it during his first match with Fats. But how do you explain his instant sobriety following his hustle match with his manager, Charlie, when he beat the bartender out of $105.00 in the opening scene? Eddy was drinking the whole afternoon, but sobered up as soon as he went back to the car where Charlie was waiting following that 'damn fool shot."

Easy, he was drinking in moderation and faking being drunk. He was a man who could handle his liquor in significant quantities and was drinking in more moderate quantities while acting like he couldn't handle his liquor in that reduced amount.

Easy, he was drinking in moderation and faking being drunk. He was a man who could handle his liquor in significant quantities and was drinking in more moderate quantities while acting like he couldn't handle his liquor in that reduced amount.

You could be right about that---not to mention he got in the driver's side!

I also mistakenly thought that the Ames they were in was in Iowa, not New York where it actually took place. I thought that because of Minnesota Fats--Minnesota being so close to Iowa. I've been to Ames, IA--very pleasant, small college town.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.