The Bourbon Trail

catdaddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone toured all the Distillery(s) on the "Bourbon Trail" ?

I was reading on the brochure that if you have the passport stamped at each stop you can return it for a gift?

I guess I will get around to it someday....

I'm pretty sure I've been to every distillery on the trail and stared longingly through the gates or at the ruins of several that aren't. I have never bothered with the passport though.

I plan to follow the bourbon train next year on my visit after I downloaded the Bourbon Trail brochure....

Didn't know anything about stamping a passport though?

The passport program is relatively new but is very popular. It has been around for about a year and according to Ed O'Daniel there have been several hundred people who had completed it by September. At the Hall of Fame ceremony at Maker's Mark he discussed the program and its success. After completing the tour, you send in your passport and they send you a T-Shirt. Ed's favorite was the guy who asked that they also return his passport because Jimmy Russell had signed it for him at Wild Turkey!

Mike Veach

I'm surprised that it is only a year old. I could have sworn I heard folks mentioning it several years ago at MM. But then they were also doing some sort of Maker's Mark Ambassador thing that day, so I may be comnfused.

I'm assuming the website has not been updated, the brochure I picked up list Woodford Reserve as one of the "stops" & has the "passport" on the back with perforated edges. I will try to attach pics...

post-2905-14489813550598_thumb.jpg

Been to em all but never got a passport or a t-shirt. At some of them I couldn't even get a drink. :hot:

Joe :usflag:

I have been to them all, and stared through the gates at a lot of others, too, but I didn't know about the T-shirt. Given that I am in Louisville, I should pick one up and get it stamped as I drive around. It will give me a chance to revisit.

Can I get stamped at Woodford Reserve without paying the $5 fee again? There's just something distasteful about paying for a distillery tour, and paying for one twice is even worse. Maybe I can just get it stamped at the gift shop.

A defense of Woodford's $5 fee. When you give free tours, you get flooded with bus groups whose organizers jump on anything they can sell that they don't have to pay for. Woodford has this problem worse than most because of their location, right on many of the horse farm tours.

The problem is that they got a lot of people who had no interest in seeing a distillery, it was filler on what they thought was a horse farm tour. Put on a nominal charge ($5 is not a budget-breaker for most people) and the problem is instantly solved.

I could be mistaken about this, but I think they will let you redeem your admission as a $5 discount in the gift shop.

That makes sense, but I don't remember then saying anything about $5 off in the gift shop.

What I did find in the gift shop was a little wooden muddler with their name on it for $30. I prefer to believe this was a pricing mistake, since similar unmarked muddlers go for under $10.

I do like their barrel-based interior decorating in the distilling room.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.