1792...wheated?

whiskeyme
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm new to the board, but no stranger to whiskey, Bourbon included :grin: . I tried RR 1792 the other night. I was pleasantly surprised. Every review I had read gave it lackluster ratings...saying that there was too much oak spice. O thought it was pretty silky smooth, not too spicy at all. I'd really like to know what the mas-bill is for this one. Anybody know where I could find out? Is it a wheated or ryed Bourbon? Sorry, I don't know Bourbon that well to be able to distinguish this....yet:cool: .

I'm new to the board, but no stranger to whiskey, Bourbon included :grin: . I tried RR 1792 the other night. I was pleasantly surprised. Every review I had read gave it lackluster ratings...saying that there was too much oak spice. O thought it was pretty silky smooth, not too spicy at all. I'd really like to know what the mas-bill is for this one. Anybody know where I could find out? Is it a wheated or ryed Bourbon? Sorry, I don't know Bourbon that well to be able to distinguish this....yet:cool: .

Welcome "Whiskeyme"

You may be a bourbon drinker who really appreciates the small amount of barley in the mash. RR 1792 is the most commonly cited on this board as a bourbon that has more than the technical minimum amount. You could find the approximate number in a search; I remember it as being around 18%.

There are many threads on the mashbill subject. You might enjoy reading through this one and then doing your own search. "Mashbill" as a search term will get you a week's worth of reading.

Roger

I can't find the thread, but Chuck once passed on (I hope I'm not mistaken) that 1792 has more malted barley than any other Bourbon. I really notice this malt flavor, and I find the bottle to have a very unique pleasing flavor.

Thanks for the great info guys. I'm wondering where the information on 1792's mashbill was found. 1792 doesn't have a website, just a little ditty on 1792 on Barton's website. Curious :skep:

welcome!

yeah, i actually was sad to see that bottle go empty. it was a great pour. and quite worth the price.

:grin:

According to Barton Master Distiller Greg Davis, 1792 was developed from scratch and its mashbill is higher in both malt and rye than Barton's other bourbons. He told me that in a 2005 interview I did with him for a Malt Advocate article.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.