What did you all get for Christmas?

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Haven't visited for several weeks. Just wanted to see what holiday spirit everyone got..I received a bottle of Woodford Reserve,Russell's Reserve and 15 yr old Pappy..Have never had the 15 yr pappy before..Will break into it tonight..Love Russell's..Also just finished a half bottle of 20 yr old Pappy that my neighbor gave me on new years eve...wonderful stuff...

Well, I had to buy my own holiday spirit for Christmas...I finally found Russell's Reserve Rye in Indiana.

My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy. She used to buy me clothes, polo shirts and preppy stuff I'd never actualy wear.:rolleyes:

My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy. She used to buy me clothes, polo shirts and preppy stuff I'd never actualy wear.:rolleyes:

Put the bottle with the preppy clothes. My parents used to buy me stuff that I would never actually purchase for myself. I finally asked them to just do gift cards if they felt compelled to purchase a gift. They do that now plus they have purchased some nice whiskey for me. Most recently, JD Silver Select. They've improved with age.

My sister-in-law bought me a bottle of JW Red. She'll get there eventualy...

Try it with some ginger ale and ice. It ain't bourbon, but it ain't junk, either.

A friend got me a bottle of Weller Antique 107. It's a 2007 bottling, which I look forward to trying it because the newest bottling I've ever tasted was from 2005.

My wife got me a bottle of Hirsch 21 rye --- not exactly my taste but I certainly appreciate the gesture.

She occasionally will stop by the Party Source and surprise me with a bottle of bourbon she knows I like or something that "I havn't seen you drinking before..." Not always hits, but a great way to broaden my horizons in ways that I might not have taken.

Just one of the many reasons I love her...

I got a Four Roses Super Premium, a couple of Blantons minis and a Dickel Barrel Select.Scott

WT Rare Breed from my dad. The 07 GTS from my Wife. I bought myself the 07 Handy and Saz18. And the brother in law gave me cigar humidor with some smokes and a cutter. It was a good Christmas.

Now for what I gave. ER SB, 07 GTS, FR 1B and some eggnog made with Old Forseter. Thanks to Jeff's Dad for the recipe.

Jim Beam grilling sauce and marinades from mom-in-law.

Subscription to Wine Spectator from bro-in-law.

Try it with some ginger ale and ice. It ain't bourbon, but it ain't junk, either.

That sounds like an idea, Tim. You know, I have never even tried mixing scotch with anything but water.

I'll make you all groan. Jon got a WT Tribute - Japanese version AND a WT Master Distiller Selection 14 yr old .....to put in MY china cabinet! HA! He wanted to open them and I about had a heart attack! Gotta look at it for atleast a few months.....don't ya?!?!

Dawn

I'll make you all groan. Jon got a WT Tribute - Japanese version AND a WT Master Distiller Selection 14 yr old .....to put in MY china cabinet! HA! He wanted to open them and I about had a heart attack! Gotta look at it for atleast a few months.....don't ya?!?!

Dawn

They are already open...don't tell Dawn.

Jon

The only beverage related object I got was a book on beers of the world with two small tasting glasses and a bottle opener. And a new Mr Coffee. I'm waiting for those people to put out Mr Bourbon instant bourbon still....

No bourbons but then I don't think the bunker will be empty anytime soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.