Good location near Boston

shennig608
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can someone tell me a good location in or outside Boston /MA where I can have a very good bourbon. Thx

sadly, I moved away a year before I was old enough to drink so I would like to know if anyone else knows a good place as well, so I can visit it on trips back east.

TomC

>Can someone tell me a good location in or outside Boston /MA where I can have

> a very good bourbon. Thx

I'm not going to be much help, either, since you're probably asking for bars.

In terms of liquor stores, I was at the downtown hotels for a conference

last fall, and there was a liquor and wine store nearby that had

outrageous prices, but a good selection. There's also a different store

that again had a good selection, but much better prices: it was closer

to Berkley School of Music, so they got student business and had to

keep prices reasonable. That one was on Newberry (Newbury?) Street.

Tim

Sorry, with good location i mean Pubs, Bars, etc... To have a great night out, to get Elijah Craig, Woodford Reserve, or other good Bourbons. In that pubs i went i just got Jim Beam or Jack Daniels.

Thx Stefan

I'm no expert by any means, but I was in Boston a couple of years ago and found the bars around the Boston University campus to be convivial. I don't recall if they had a great bourbon selection, but in a pinch you can always drink Irish. At least that's what I do.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Boston is an irish town and there is big money in playing up that fact, that i can tell you for sure. If you wanna drink irish, (beer or whiskey) there are a miliion good places to go, my old favorite is about 1/2 north of boston offa 495. . . .the Old Court, in Lowell, though you can find many similar to it, just way more $$$$ in Town.

Tom C

I'm not sure about a good spot in Boston, but when I travel I also like to find a bar with a good selection. I've found that the better restaurants will usually have decent bars. The prices can be all over the map though.

Many times, there will be a number of very nice restaurants closely situated downtown, so I stop by to check out their selection. If it's great I stay. If it's good I have a drink and then move on. If its pathetic, I move on without a drink. Good luck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.