Four Roses old black label, US bottling??

hjlhjl
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi all,

last week I was told by someone who should know that there exists a Four Roses black label US bottling. I don't mean the current Japanese Bottling, but one that was supposedly released in the States, possibly by Seagram. Does anyone have any information on this?

Best regards, Hans

It was never a true US release, but I think a few bottles found their way into distribution.

Here's another one for you. Has anyone ever seen a bottle of No. 1 Bourbon Street? This was a Seagrams bourbon, made at Four Roses, in the 1990s, but never sold in the USA.

Jeff Mo,

I assume by 'dusties' you mean very old ones (Sorry, I'm Dutch so I need a little help now and then with the slang).

Reason for my question is that I would be very interested in acquiring a bottle (distributed by mistake or expressely bottled for US market) with a black label.

Hans

It was never a true US release, but I think a few bottles found their way into distribution.

Here's another one for you. Has anyone ever seen a bottle of No. 1 Bourbon Street? This was a Seagrams bourbon, made at Four Roses, in the 1990s, but never sold in the USA.

Usually, "Nope. Don't know." answers are bad netiquette, but since I live in Japan, the land of Four Roses, I thought I would say that I have not seen No. 1 Bourbon Street.

Ed

A few months ago, a 1.75L of #1 Bourbon Street was for sale on ebay. I can't remember how much it sold for but it was a decent amount!

Thomas

Jeff Mo,

I assume by 'dusties' you mean very old ones (Sorry, I'm Dutch so I need a little help now and then with the slang).

Reason for my question is that I would be very interested in acquiring a bottle (distributed by mistake or expressely bottled for US market) with a black label.

Hans

What is the reason for your interest in the black label? Was it a special product from FR back then or now?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.