Corn Whiskeys on the East Coast?

mml
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

All,

I'd like to acquire a bottle of Mellow Corn or Platte Valley, but have never seen either in a store. I live in Delaware. Is there any place in the mid-Atlantic region known to carry these? I often go as far south as Richmond, VA.

Further afield, I'll be headed to Indiana later this month, driving through MD, WV, and OH along the way. I'll be in Chicago and the Red River Gorge area of KY in March/April.

Thanks in advance,

-Matt

Thanks for the tip! I read your post. I'll be seeing a Richmondite friend in a few weeks. I think I'll instruct him to head to one or another of those ABC stores and bring me some goodies.

There were a couple of interesting articles in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution this Thursday about different mainstream "moonshines" and corn whiskies. They mixed up some cocktails, had an article on Junior Johnson, etc. I'll post the link below if anyone is interested in looking at them. Type in the link, then scroll down the page to the "FOOD & DRINK" section, and look for the 3 different articles.

http://www.ajc.com/printedition/content/printedition/days/thursday.html

JOE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.