Pappy Pie

bigtoys
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Why is Pappy watching this pie cool?

Pie1.jpg

Because it's a chocolate pecan bourbon pie made with about 3/8 cup of Pappy 15 for the bourbon. Next time, I'm gonna use at least 1/2 cup as you can barely taste the bourbon. Maybe George (as in Stagg) for that matter. Some recipes say to poke some holes in the pie and drizzle bourbon over it right before serving. I may have to do that with this one to get the full flavors of the nuts, chocolate and bourbon. Or just eat it with a glass of bourbon!

That is a VERY decadent use of Pappy 15. Don't know where you got your recipe, but the recipe in Gary Regan's Book of Bourbon is terrific.

-Mike

Will have to check out that recipe.

I modified a Food Network recipe I found on the internet after looking at a few others. I increased the chocolate and the bourbon, based on another recipe. Some recipes only called for 3-4 tablespoons of bourbon; one said 1/2 cup. As I said, I think you can use at least 1/2 cup or directly drizzle it on before serving. This pie is going to a Superbowl party. I also put some of the filling into a mini pie in a muffin tin; that's how I kinda know how it tastes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.