"Made & Bottled in Kentucky" Video

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I carefully considered whether to spend the price of a bottle of good bourbon to order my copy of Chuck Cowdery's video.

It arrived three days ago, and I've already watched it three times. Any question as to its value has disappeared.

Some might argue whether its greater value is to introduce a wide-eyed newbie to people and places they know little about or rather to remind an experienced bourbonite of actual past experiences. As an example of the former, I watched and listened in awe as, for example, the man whose name appears on my bottle of Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve spoke of Wild Turkey's origin.

On a different level the video touches on issues of freedom, pride, and heritage. Is it possible to feel nostalgia for something that one has not experienced first hand? I think so. For reasons that I can't completely explain I felt connected to the way of life that Chuck captured in this video.

I suppose the fact that the scenery is drop-dead gorgeous almost goes without saying.

If your bourbon collection has already grown to the point where you sometimes have to pause before making a selection for your evening drink, I think you should consider buying "Made & Bottled in Kentucy". I believe it will enhance your enjoyment of bourbon.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Retiree, Musician, Dog-Lover, Whiskey-Drinker

Chuck,

Please bring a few copies of your video to the fest. There's a good chance you'll sell them all. I'll take one.

Cheers,

Omar

Chuck,

Please bring a copy of your video for me. I've thought of sending for one but never got around to it.

Thanks,

Bob Kaufman

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

It's worth every penny, but don't wait - buy one today! I'm sure Chuck will be kind enough to autograph it for you in Bardstowm.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Wow. Thanks for the endorsement, Dave and Linn. I usually bring some copies of the newsletter to the Festival but hadn't thought about bringing the video. Thanks for the suggestion, Omar and Bob.

One scene that didn't make it into the video, but that I think y'all would enjoy (I have a clip of it somewhere) was after we had wrapped the last shot on the last day of shooting, we happened to be at Dr. Crow's grave in the Versailles cemetery. The kind folks at Heaven Hill had given us a few bottles of Elijah Craig 12-year-old, so the crew and I stood on Dr. Crow's grave and drank EC straight from the bottle to celebrate. It was quite a moment.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.